Thanks and a request for naseeha

  • Manal Agabein
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 28, 2002
      Assalamu alaikum sisters and brothers. All praise is due to Allah the
      AlMighty the Beneficient. I want to congratulate the persons who responded
      to the question regarding music. Jazakum Allahu Khairn. The answers are
      mature,informative and straight to the point. May Allah guides us all to the
      straight path. Ifeel encouraged to share my problem with you to seek advice.
      My daughter just turned 12 three weeks and stepped onto womanhood a week
      later. I'm having a hard time with her. Though I was preparing her for this
      moment, nothing now seems to work. She is unhappy most of the time. She is
      grouchy and very irritable...defies authority..rude to her younger
      siblings..You name it. I've tried to be patient, talk to her softly and
      other times I would be angry when she is disrespectful and reminds her of
      what the Quran says about treating your parents. She knows whatever she is
      doing is not right but unable to rise up to her own expectations and ours
      too. I just want her to pass this stage safely. I need your advice and most
      important of all..your prayers.
      Your sister in Islam
      Manal

    • F. Saad
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 2 7:09 AM

        Al-Salamu alaikum sister Manal,

        I was not aware that it was so stressful. I have a 5 month old girl, I ask Allah to help me and her father raise her.

        I was wondering whether perhaps what your daughter is experiencing is in fact the changes in hormones. PMS right around her menstrual cycle. Remember yourself how you are just before a period. I know myself, everything makes me snap or cry during that time.

        The changes that your daughter is going through are not easy. She is probably having a difficult time adjusting. Like just now, my daughter started teething. I kind of got agitated with her change in behaviour, she cries more, she wants me next to her more often. Then I realized that she wants to bite at everything and she is drooling, so I realised it was her gums that were bothering her.

        You often wonder why your husband doesn't seem to understand you when you are having PMS. Why would he, he doesn't go through it. Your daughter is going through puberty. You should have the patience and take the time to talk to her. Now is the time that you direct her attention to the right way (obviously after years of Islamic upbringing). LIsten to the cues that your daughter gives you. You should now be the friend that she trusts most.

        Don't be too hard on her in terms of 'expectations'. Give her the time she needs to adjust to her new body.

        I went back to work part-time, and I was asked to take a heavier load than I could take. I told them that I had a 5 month old daughter, and I won't be able to take a heavier load at all. (I only work 2 hrs a day). I realised that I can't push my self, and that I had to come to terms and readjust the level of expectations I should set for myself. Do that for your daughter too.

        Al-Salamu alaikum

        Do You Yahoo!?
        Yahoo! Sports - Sign up for Fantasy Baseball
      • J HICKS
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 2 9:45 AM
          A'salaam alaikum Dear Sister Manal,

          InshAllah Allah will give you patience with your daughter in accepting this new phase in her life. InshaAllah from a teachers view of your situation this is the time to be firm with her and also treat her with love and kindness.  Take time with her and have each day at least 1/2 hour in which you spend time teaching her Islamic manners, Qur'an and Hadith. Put her into the company of sisters her own age who are trying to practice the Qur'an and Sunnah. You did not mention whether she is in a public school or an islamic school. If she attends a public school I would suggest she be placed in an Islamic school or home schooling. The affects of a non-islamic enviroment can be hard on some students, it is truely a challenge. You also may considered having her hormone level check ,because at this age the hormones are changing since you said she has now come into womanhood and this is quite an adjustment. As our bodies change our emotions are affected. Instruct her to increase her prayers,dhkir and duas to Allah SWT for guidance and peace in every situation. Please watch her diet and instruct her in good eating habits , especially by example. Stay away from junk food and highly processed foods. Sometimes the food may be appealing because it is quick and easy to eat, natural foods and sweets such as dates , apples etc. are a better alternative.
          Most of all the number 1 priority is to make sure Sura Baqarah is recited in your home each day. Give her tapes of the Qur'an so she may constanly listen to it.
          InshAllah may Allah bless you and your daughter and give you and all your family paradise.
          Salaam alaikum ramatuAllah wa barakatu

          Sister Hanan (Umm Abdullah)

> [...]

          >ways and try to see if it is OKAY. Looking for hadiths and verses of the
          >Qur'an to support using it in your lives. If you are in doubt and even one
          >schorlar says music is haram then accept that and leave it. ONLY GOOD can
          >come from this.
          >
          >May Allaah SWT give us the strenght to ward off that which is harmful for
          >us and to hold on to that which is good for us.
          >
          >Surah 4: 120
          >He [Shaitan] makes promises to them , and arouse in them false desires and
          >Shaitan's promises are nothing but deceptions.
          >

          >Sister Shamima
          >Al Mehrab ePublisher
          >Islamic Smart Learning Centre
          >Taman Tun Dr. Ismail
          >Kuala Lumpur
          >Malaysia
          >infokid@...
          >http://www.muslimkids-ebooks.com
          >  To subscribe please send blank email to:

          Buy Stock for $4.
          No Minimums.
          FREE Money 2002.
          http://us.click.yahoo.com/BgmYkB/VovDAA/ySSFAA/wpWolB/TM

          Teach and talk as you learn Arabic.

          Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim

          Surah 51:56
          Wama Khalaqtul Jinna Wal Insa ILLa liya'a buduun.
          And I (Allah) have not created  the jinn and mankind except that they should worship Me (alone).

                                 mode.

        • Nassiba Cherif
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 2 4:40 PM
            Asslamu alaikoum sister,
            Let me first start by informing you that the stage
            your daughter is going through will not last too long.
            This is a very hard time for the teenagers to go
            through also as they are going through a hormonal
            change and imbalance. When my daughter went through
            that stage, I talked to her that her mood swings are
            normal and to be expected but should be handled in an
            appropriate manner. When she felt irritated and
            moody, we agreed that she should go to her room until
            it passed and felt better. That was beneficial to
            her(she got some quiet and peaceful time by herself)
            and beneficial to her brother and sister.
            Now my second daughter is going through that stage now
            :)
            May Allah give all the mothers some patience as they
            have to endure so many different and unexpected
            things.
            your sister
            Nassiba

            === message truncated ===