hadith: Why the angel Mikaa'eel does not laugh

  • Shahid
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2009
      On the authority of Anas ibn Maalik (radhiyallaahu 'anhu),

      The Prophet (sallallaahu 'alayhe wa sallam) said to Jibreel ('alayhis-salaam) :

      "Why is it that I have never seen Mikaa'eel laughing?"

      Jibreel replied, "He has not laughed since the Hellfire was created."

      This authentic report was collected by Imaam Ahmad (3/224).  Al-Albaanee called it hasan in Silsilatul-Ahaadeet his-Saheehah (#2511)