summer course..

  • Iffat Farooqui
    Message 1 of 6 , May 30, 2008
      ASSALAMALIKUM...
      I am a parent also..but i did not get offended at all...like u said" most of us parents...." If we do then we do not need to be offended....but it is for the parents who have become very busy in their lifestyles...earning money for their families..but loosing the values of Islam. I am involved with the Parent Teacher Associations(volunteer at schools) and i get to see all the time how the students have lost it to respect the teachers,elders...talk back to the parents etc....even muslim students.There is an increase in gang related crime rates among HS students and sometimes  it is sad to see Muslim students involved in it.  Of the very few left... christian families also feel the same....bec. i think any upbringing with a strong religious background teaches respect and values. It is a very common practice for the students in class to put their feet up in front of the teachers facing the teacher. If an elder enters the room ...the youngers are supposed to get up and give them a seat. If guests come to ur house the children should come downstairs and greet them also...even if they have no children with them...ask them for water and then they can go back if not needed in something...but now it is a common practice that children are locked up in their rooms..."the guests are here to see the parents ..not us". These are just some examples....be them cultural or religious...but we are loosing them!!!
      You are right we have interwined such values in our everyday interactions...that is why we find ourselves constantly "nagging" at them ...do this ..don't do that...this is how u say it or do it.... and believe me there are Muslim Families not doing this all the time . These values are not only being diluted in non-muslim countries..but also back home(a muslim country)...where they are becoming even more westernised and modern.
      Children need constant reminders as we do too. Books like these are only good reminders!!!!.... along with our daily reinforcements. There is always room for improvement. we learn something new everday.
      (By the way i did not get the name of the book Jalila David suggested)
      May Allah guide us in better upbringing of our children and to make them good and strong kids in faith... who are proud to be MUSLIMS...Ameen
      Iffat

    • Rohana Hassan
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 3, 2008
        Assalamualaikum brothers and sisters

        I am a mother of 2 sons aged 12 and 8.  We are from Singapore.  We will be migrating to Perth, Australia, at the end of the year.  If there are any parents from Perth in this group, would appreciate if you can share information especially on Islamic schools.

        Syukran
        Rohana

        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 4, 2008

          Shukran, this is beneficial and so true, May Allah Almighty bless you Inshallah….

[...]

          believed to be clean.
        • shabeeb hassan
          Message 4 of 6 , Jun 4, 2008

            Bismillah

            Assalamu alaikum Sister

            try to visit the below mentioning link

            there are  religious schools listed with very nice curriculam

            http://www.weekendlearning.com/

            hope u can find the schools in australia through the site

            jazakallah

            wassalam

             SHABEEB HASSAN
             Bahrain -   (Mob) # +973-36070433
             India    -   (Res) #  +91-495-2332449
                                         +91-495-2332133

            Message 5 of 6 , Jun 5, 2008
              Assalaamu alaykum sisters - can you post more examples of manners & values
              we should teach our children? I thing the examples you gave below are great.
              I was raised in a Christian home but my parents kept to themselves alot &
              didn't teach us these kinds of manners. And since I wasn't raised Muslim,
              I'm always looking to learn more about classic Muslim manners so I can teach
              my children right. Thanks for your help :)

              `·.¸¸.·* Insha *··.¸¸.·`
              ** Mommy to **
              Hamza (14 months - b 3-18-07)
              Sabira (7 weeks - b 4-13-08)

              ________________________________

              >> It is a very common practice for the students in class to put their feet
              up in front of the teachers facing the teacher. If an elder enters the room
              ...the youngers are supposed to get up and give them a seat. If guests come
              to ur house the children should come downstairs and greet them also...even
              if they have no children with them...ask them for water and then they can go
              back if not needed in something...but now it is a common practice that
              children are locked up in their rooms..."the guests are here to see the
              parents ..not us". <<
            • lita diny
              Message 6 of 6 , Jun 7, 2008
                Assalammualaykum wr wb

                I hope this site will be help you. its good for us to teach our children about islamic manners. jazakumullah khairan katsir.

                http://talibiddeenjr.amanahwebs.com/

                wassalammualaykum wr wb

                jalin silaturahim
                http://homescholling.multiply.com

                Butuh Calling Card International di Korea
                Hubungi 010-2892-1403 (Lita)