Re: [KidsIslamicStories] Japanese Fish

  • fatimah khan
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2006
      Good one. We do need to take up challenges as challenges, not as problems.

      "Dr.Faraz Alam" <try_4_justice@...> wrote:
      The Japanese have always loved fresh fish. But the waters close to Japan
      have not held many fish for decades. So to feed the Japanese population,
      fishing boats got bigger and went farther than ever. The farther the
      fishermen went, the longer it took to bring in the fish.

      If the return trip took more than a few days, the fish were not fresh. The
      Japanese did not like the taste. To solve this problem, fishing companies
      installed freezers on their boats. They would catch the fish and freeze
      them at sea. Freezers allowed the boats to go farther and stay longer.
      However, the Japanese could taste the difference between fresh and frozen
      and they did not like frozen fish.

      The frozen fish brought a lower price. So fishing companies installed fish
      tanks. They would catch the fish and stuff them in the tanks, fin to fin.
      After a l! ittle thrashing around, the fish stopped moving. They were tired
      and dull, but alive. Unfortunately, the Japanese could still taste the
      difference. Because the fish did not move for days, they lost their fresh-
      fish taste.

      The Japanese preferred the lively taste of fresh fish, not sluggish fish.
      So how did Japanese fishing companies solve this problem? How do they get
      fresh-tasting fish to Japan?

      If you were consulting the fish industry, what would you recommend?

      As soon as you reach your goals, such as finding a wonderful mate,
      starting a successful company, paying off your debts or whatever, you
      might lose your passion. You don't need to work so hard so you relax

      Like the Japanese fish problem, the best solution is simple.
      As it's a saying : "Man thrives, oddly enough, only in the presence of a
      challenging
      environment."

      The Benefits of a Challenge:

      The more intelligent, persistent and competent you are, the more you enjoy
      a good problem. If your challenges are the correct size, and if you are
      steadily conquering those challenges, you are happy. You think of your
      challenges and get energized. You are excited to try new solutions.
      You have fun. You are alive!

      How Japanese Fish Stay Fresh:

      To keep the fish tasting fresh, the Japanese fishing companies still put
      the fish in the tanks. But now they add a small shark to each tank.
      The shark eats a few fish, but most of the fish arrive in a very lively
      state.
      The fish are challenged.

      Recommendations:

      Instead of avoiding challenges, jump into them. Beat the heck out of  them.
      Enjoy the game.If your challenges are too large or too numerous, do not
      give up.Failing makes you tired. Instead, reorganize. Find more
      determination! , more knowledge, more help.

      If you have met your goals, set some bigger goals. Once you meet your
      personal or family needs, move onto goals for your group, the society,
      even mankind. Don't create success and lie in it. You have resources,
      skills and abilities to make a difference.

      Put a shark in your tank and see how far you can really go!

      O Allah! Guide us, make our intentions sincere, accept our deeds, answer our prayers, and make us of those who are patient.

    • D A C Y
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3, 2006
        Thank you very much for a very thoughtful story. It
        does motivated me to work harder and faced new
        challenges. Verily Allah has mentioned in surah
        al-Mulk verse 2: He who created Death and Life, that
        He may try which of you is best in deed".

        May I seek a permission from the author Dr. Faraz Alam
        to circulate his story to other persons in need. I
        have translated it to Bahasa Malaysia and added some
        of my writing to be circulated to my fellow friends.
        Your permission is of my great pleasure. Thank you.

        Dr. Ahmad Che Yaacob
        UiTM Johor
        Segamat Campus
        85000, Johor