Re: [KidsIslamicStories] (unknown)

  • Hassan Scott Odierno
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 30, 2004
      I can try to develop islamic crossword puzzles or wordsearches.  i've wanted to do it for a long time as my kids love them and would be a nice way to learn.  I'm game, but I would need some guidance.  I'm an American muslim convert living in Malaysia.  (as an aside, if theres strong interest, would some other Malaysia / KL muslims be interested in meeting to put something together?  Either for this or separate...)

      Hassan

      tayaba rahman <tayabar@...> wrote:
      Salaamalaikum Sister
      It was great to hear that you are compiling a book for
      children. I am also interested in this. Actually I
      have written and compiled some Islamic stories . I did
      this to send them to my grandchildren who are far
      away. I am in U.S. Now I usually distribute the copies
      to the weekly Islamic schools in our area. If you are
      interested in short stories , please let me know. If I
      can be of any help let me know. I am a retired
      librarian from India.I want to do things with which
      Allah Taala will be pleased. Hope to hear from you
      soon.
      --- sandra naeem wrote:

      > Asalamalikum Sisters and Brothers in Islam
      >
      > I am compiling a book aimed at muslim children
      > between the ages of 9-16. Although at the planning
      > and research stage, it would insha Allah include the
      > following:
      >
      > Islamic themed quizzes, Qu�ran and ahadith related
      > to the quizzes, information relevant to children (eg
      > behaviour towards parents, right and wrong) from the
      > Islamic perspective etc.
      >
      > I would also like to include any reminders, poems,
      > short stories, words of
      > wisdom/inspiration/humour/drawings in fact anything
      > suitable for our children for this age group.
      >
      > I would therefore be grateful if anyone would like
      > to contribute to this project to email me ,
      > contributions are welcome from people of all ages
      > but if your children have any contributions it would
      > be nice because it is specifically aimed at them.
      >
      > The reason I am starting this book is because I find
      > there isn�t anything aimed at children of this age
      > when I go to islamic bookshops and although the
      > internet has many resources I cannot trust it for my
      > children to use whether supervised or not.
      >
      > Please do not send anything you wish to be
      > copyrighted because if and when the book is
      > published I would allow the contents to be
      > photocopied and used etc for educational and dawah
      > purposes.
      >
      > i am particularly interested to hear from different
      > muslims from all different backgrounds , maybe you
      > are a mum who has a poem/experience/story that kids
      > may find inspiring etc
      >
      > i am a muslim revert myself chinese but born in
      > britain
      >
      > please send all replies to sandranaeem@...
      >
      > wassalam
      >
      > Sr S Naeem
      >
      > anyone who submits anything i will keep u informed
      > of progress if you wish!
      >
      > Jazakhallah
      >
      > Wassalam

      http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/

      Teach and talk as you learn Arabic.

      Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim

      Surah 51:56
      Wama Khalaqtul Jinna Wal Insa ILLa liya'a buduun.
      And I (Allah) have not created the jinn and mankind except that they should worship Me (alone).

      mode.

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      To visit your group on the web, go to:

      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Muslim By Choice
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 31, 2004
        Salaam 'Alaikum:

        I would be interested - if that's okay. I'd love to share them with my
        children.

        Jazak Allah Khair,
        Sumayyah Umm Sadiqah wa Asma

        --- sandra naeem <sandranaeem@...> wrote:

        > Asalamalikum Sisters and Brothers in Islam
        >
        > I am compiling a book aimed at muslim children
        > between the ages of 9-16. Although at the planning
        > and research stage, it would insha Allah include the
        > following:
        >
        > Islamic themed quizzes, Quran and ahadith related
        > to the quizzes, information relevant to children (eg
        > behaviour towards parents, right and wrong) from the
        > Islamic perspective etc.
        >
        > I would also like to include any reminders, poems,
        > short stories, words of
        > wisdom/inspiration/humour/drawings in fact anything
        > suitable for our children for this age group.
        >
        > I would therefore be grateful if anyone would like
        > to contribute to this project to email me ,
        > contributions are welcome from people of all ages
        > but if your children have any contributions it would
        > be nice because it is specifically aimed at them.
        >
        > The reason I am starting this book is because I find
        > there isnt anything aimed at children of this age
        > when I go to islamic bookshops and although the
        > internet has many resources I cannot trust it for my
        > children to use whether supervised or not.
        >
        > Please do not send anything you wish to be
        > copyrighted because if and when the book is
        > published I would allow the contents to be
        > photocopied and used etc for educational and dawah
        > purposes.
        >
        > i am particularly interested to hear from different
        > muslims from all different backgrounds , maybe you
        > are a mum who has a poem/experience/story that kids
        > may find inspiring etc
        >
        > i am a muslim revert myself chinese but born in
        > britain
        >
        > please send all replies to sandranaeem@...
        >
        > wassalam
        >
        > Sr S Naeem
        >
        > anyone who submits anything i will keep u informed
        > of progress if you wish!
        >
        > Jazakhallah
        >
        > Wassalam

        http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/

        Teach and talk as you learn Arabic.

        Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim

        Surah 51:56
        Wama Khalaqtul Jinna Wal Insa ILLa liya'a buduun.
        And I (Allah) have not created the jinn and mankind except that they should
        worship Me (alone).

        mode.

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        To visit your group on the web, go to:

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
      • bilqis oke
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 21, 2004
          salam,
          i hope these sites will prove importance to your need.
          1. Arabia.com: Arcade type games to play for free
          2. yamahdi.com : word scrabble game
          3. agnatemoslem.com: a neat game to download for free.
          4. hasbro.com/games/
          maa salam

          Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people. Yesterday is past, it is history. Tomorrow is future, it is a mystery. Today is present, it is a gift.

          Do you Yahoo!?