Approved reading list

  • Jamshed H Khan
    Message 1 of 8 , Jun 3, 2003
      Assalamu Alaikum,

      I am looking for appropriate Reading list of English literature from an
      Islamic
      perspective for a 15 year old Muslim girl.

      I would greatly appreciate names of authors both classical and modern that
      are ok.

      JazakAllahuKhairun

      Wassalam

      Jamshed

      Jamshed Hasan Khan Ph.D.
      Associate Dean

      MBA Programmes
      Graduate School of Business Administration
      Lahore University of Management Sciences
      Sector U, D.H.A.
      Lahore Cantt. 54792
      Pakistan

      Off: 572 7612, 572 2670 Ext. 2149
      Fax: 92-42-572-2591

      E-mail: jamshed@...

      Web: http://www.lums.edu.pk
    • Habeeb
      Message 2 of 8 , Jun 3, 2003

        Salam
        Try these fiction books at this site.

        Habeeb

        I am looking for appropriate Reading list of English literature from an
        Islamic
        perspective for a 15 year old Muslim girl.

        I would greatly appreciate names of authors both classical and modern that
        are ok.

        JazakAllahuKhairun

        Wassalam

        Jamshed

        Jamshed Hasan Khan Ph.D.
        Associate Dean

        MBA Programmes
        Graduate School of Business Administration
        Lahore University of Management Sciences
        Sector U, D.H.A.
        Lahore Cantt. 54792
        Pakistan

        Off: 572 7612, 572 2670 Ext. 2149
        Fax: 92-42-572-2591

        E-mail: jamshed@...

        Web: http://www.lums.edu.pk

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/Lj3uPC/Me7FAA/ySSFAA/XGowlB/TM

        Teach and talk as you learn Arabic.

        Bismillahir Rahmanir Rahim

        Surah 51:56
        Wama Khalaqtul Jinna Wal Insa ILLa liya'a buduun.
        And I (Allah) have not created the jinn and mankind except that they should worship Me (alone).

        mode.

        ---
        [This E-mail was scanned by the Inter.Net.Works Virus Daemon]

        .

        id=IncrediStamp>____________________________________________________
      • omar almowajeh
        Message 3 of 8 , Jun 5, 2003
          Alsalamo Alikom
          Hayak Allah wabarak Allah feek.
          I work as a muslim chaplain( IMAM)  at the department of correction, I recomended any book to Albukhari, Muslim, four Imams, Ibn Alqayem, Ibn taymeyah,
          Alsalamo Alikom
          Omar

          Message 4 of 8 , Jun 19, 2003
            As Salaam Alaikum Wa Rahmatuulah,

            I have listed several books here both fiction and non fiction. Most
            are in story form. You can find these at soundvision.com. At this
            sight you can search for books by age or by interest (women)as you
            can at most of the other sights as well. You can also do a search for
            muslim bookstores and find others. May Allah help you find what you
            are looking for.

            Fi Amaan Illah

            Heaven Without Stars
            Waleed A. Maktari
            This is the story of a young boy called Amir, who has fallen in love
            with gazing at the stars.

            Jennah's New Friends
            Suzy Ismail
            Jennah is forming a new club to study the hadeeth with her Muslim
            Friends in Matawan, New Jersey...

            **ON SALE!! SPECIAL 10% DISCOUNT
            Historic Travels of the Great Prophet (pbuh)
            Dr. Abdur Rauf
            Fascinating book for children that combines three volumes in one -
            Great Travelogue, Prophet' s Biography & Novel Story Book

            Graduation Gift Package - Junior High
            A great gift for young adults. Contains 3 books and 2 audio CDs.

            Muslim Women's Pack
            Smash the stereotypes about Muslim women with this fantastic pack of
            eye-opening books and an amazing video!

            Asma Bint Abi Bakr
            Ahmad Thomson
            This is the story about Asma bint Abi Bakr, the eldest daughter of th
            first Khalifah of the Muslims. She serves as a powerful role model
            for
            Muslims of all ages.

            Fatima Az-Zahra
            Azieza Hamid
            This short biography explores the main events in the life of the
            Prophet's youngest and favorite daughter Fatima az-Zahra.

            Hazrat Ayesha Siddiqa: Her Life and Works
            Nadvi, Allama Saiyid Sulaiman
            A short history from the life of Prophet's wife.

            --- In KidsIslamicStories@yahoogroups.com, Jamshed H Khan

          • EQUASHIA@aol.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Jun 19, 2003
              As-salaamu walaikum How is everyone insha"Allah IM seeking software to help me improve my Son reading its seems as though he has a problem with his phonic from what I can observe when Im going over books with him.  I have made a lesson plan that consist of him reading 2 entire books a day.  He loves the Computer so instead of him playing those (Stupid games) I know as long as its done with software maybe I can get something accomplished with him.  Sometimes he frustrate me much I just shake my head and send him to his room.  Now it seems as if when he seems me in the morning he tried to avoid me.  (IM trying) He'll pronounce a word such as (Companion) but stumbles on the word when and went! Or fill and will Oh its alarming! And I don't want to intimidate and I have very little patience especially since he can be all up in my business Yeah RIGHT!

              wasalaam
            • Sohail Khan
              Message 6 of 8 , Jun 20, 2003

                wa-alaikum assalam:

                Have you tried "Hooked-On Phonics" reading program. Check it out/search it on the internet. I haven't personally seen it , but I know someone, who has used it.

                There are other short "phonics based" reading books for pre-schoolers/KG, available through McGraw Hills, or even in the Teachers' Store, or such other store in the neighborhood. Good Luck, Aameen.

                wa-assalam

                >From: EQUASHIA@...
                >To: KidsIslamicStories@yahoogroups.com, muslimhomeschoolers@yahoogroups.com
                >Subject: Re: [KidsIslamicStories] Approved reading list
                >Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 19:43:54 EDT
                >
                >As-salaamu walaikum How is everyone insha"Allah IM seeking software to help
                >me improve my Son reading its seems as though he has a problem with his phonic
                >from what I can observe when Im going over books with him. I have made a
                >lesson plan that consist of him reading 2 entire books a day. He loves the
                >Computer so instead of him playing those (Stupid games) I know as long as its done
                >with software maybe I can get something accomplished with him. Sometimes he
                >frustrate me much I just shake my head and send him to his room. Now it seems
                >as if when he seems me in the morning he tried to avoid me. (IM trying) He'll
                >pronounce a word such as (Companion) but stumbles on the word when and went!
                >Or fill and will Oh its alarming! And I don't want to intimidate and I have
                >very little patience especially since he can be all up in my business Yeah RIGHT!
                >
                >wasalaam

              • Naghma Husain
                Message 7 of 8 , Jun 20, 2003
                  as wr wb
                  When I teach my children as well as other children (I
                  am a teacher) I try to instill in them a joy for
                  learning and a thirst for knowledge. I believe that
                  to be equally as imortant as the material being
                  taught. Alhamdullillah, both of my daughters love
                  learning! Even my son enjoys anything having to do
                  with science or politics.
                  I think your idea of using computer software is an
                  excellent one. The Jumpstart series is great and
                  there are many more out there today that make learning
                  fun. Also check out your local teacher's store. They
                  carry educational games that you can play with your
                  child.
                  May Allah help us to educate our children, Inshallah.
                  --- EQUASHIA@... wrote:
                  > As-salaamu walaikum How is everyone insha"Allah IM
                  > seeking software to help
                  > me improve my Son reading its seems as though he has
                  > a problem with his phonic
                  > from what I can observe when Im going over books
                  > with him. I have made a
                  > lesson plan that consist of him reading 2 entire
                  > books a day. He loves the
                  > Computer so instead of him playing those (Stupid
                  > games) I know as long as its done
                  > with software maybe I can get something accomplished
                  > with him. Sometimes he
                  > frustrate me much I just shake my head and send him
                  > to his room. Now it seems
                  > as if when he seems me in the morning he tried to
                  > avoid me. (IM trying) He'll
                  > pronounce a word such as (Companion) but stumbles on
                  > the word when and went!
                  > Or fill and will Oh its alarming! And I don't want
                  > to intimidate and I have
                  > very little patience especially since he can be all
                  > up in my business Yeah RIGHT!
                  >
                  > wasalaam

                  http://sbc.yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 8 , Jun 20, 2003

                    Assalaamualaikum

                    Try this link for lots of teaching and reading resources.  http://www.readinga-z.com
                    If you live in the UK there are quite a few Dfee strategies available.

                    Wassalaam

                    If you want a graphic like this Email Me

[...]

                    Looking for cheaper internet access? Choose from one of these great offers!