ISLAMIC SUMMER CAMP

  • Asma
    Message 1 of 1 , May 22, 2000
      Dear Fellow Muslims,

      I am working on a five week summer school project in Islamiyat, for
      children ranging b/w ages 4-7 yrs.

      I have 2hrs at my disposal out of which the time break up is as
      follows:
      40 mins- qaida
      10 mins -salaah
      10 mins -dua
      20 mins break

      This leaves me with 40 mins of teaching time.
      I plan to introduce 10 Attributes of Allah to the children and link
      each up with at least 3 stories.I would also like to integrate the
      pillars and articles with the attributes.
      In the next 20 min session I plan to introduce Akhlaaq and Adaab
      through role play and stories.Ideally I would like to link moral
      lessons from Stories of the Prophets with this section.

      For e.g:
      Attribute.Al Khaliq ...story Creation of the universe and man...with
      quotes from the Quran.
      Adaab...Obedience...story of Adam (AS).

      I would be greatly obliged if anyone can help me with the related
      material
      If someone can guide me which moral lessons can be linked with which
      story..eg Yunus (AS) obedience
      Yusuf (AS) jealousy
      Nuh (AS) pride etc

      Also which of the pillars of Islam and Articles can be linked with
      the following names of ALLAH (SWT)
      Al Khaliq
      Al Ahad
      Ar Rahman..Ar Rahim