Re: FREE 16 Lessons on our On-Line Islamic Class for children.

  • Sohail Khan
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 4 12:48 PM
      Assalam-o-Alaikum wa Rahmatullah

      I have been benefitting from these online correspondances for the last
      several months. Alhamdolillh, this is a fine effort, and may Allah (SWT)
      give "hasanat" to the ones who work hard to make it happen.

      As one of the concerned parents of two sons (6.5 and 4.5), living in
      Michigan, we keep worrying about their Islamic upbringing in this hostile
      environment. Our sons go to one of the Islamic schools, but unfortunately,
      we are not getting what we have thought for - "a quality education on Islam
      (Quran, Hadeeth, Islamic Studies) and other contemporary subjects, under a
      healthy, loving and Islamic environment". We know several other families who
      are struggling with the same issue, and are ready to try some other method
      of achieving the goals. Homeschooling on the individual basis is one way to
      do it, but then it's limited. We intend to practice homeschooling type of
      private setting, but involving a bigger group of like-minded families. This
      could be done in a rented place, in a office building or a strip mall, etc
      (Any suggestions?). We are writing to this group (infokid) of dedicated
      parents to ask:

      1) If you would provide us any feedback (could this be done? any suggestions
      to make it happen, Do's and Don't's, curriculum advice, and any other
      practical tips/suggestions/advice)

      2) If you would know any teacher(s) around in Metro Detroit, Michigan, who
      would be qualified and dedicated (buying into providing quality eduaction)
      for Islamic and contemporary subjects?

      3) Any other comments will be welcome.

      Wa-salam

      Sohail A. Khan