Tiny Heaters

  • inetlocksmith
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 29, 2013
      What are some of the options for tiny heaters? I'd really like a POD Jr - 3k/7k but I can't find one.

      I do have a brooder heater and a Aladdin Tropic on the way (Found one for $40 but it'll take a while to get here) but I'd like something that burns better than the wick of my brooder heater and smaller than the tropic.
    • Rob Gordon
      Message 2 of 8 , Dec 29, 2013
        By the way I contacted a Pod distributor and asked about the POD model "Ge-Hå".  The model would cost $1,300 us to ship here to Wisconsin.

        On Sun, Dec 29, 2013 at 11:42 PM, inetlocksmith <inetlocksmith@...> wrote:

        What are some of the options for tiny heaters? I'd really like a POD Jr - 3k/7k but I can't find one.

        I do have a brooder heater and a Aladdin Tropic on the way (Found one for $40 but it'll take a while to get here) but I'd like something that burns better than the wick of my brooder heater and smaller than the tropic.

      • techeditor2
        Message 3 of 8 , Dec 29, 2013
          If you are interested, I will sell my Inverter 5096, 2800 btu - 10,900 btu with the 220V step up transformer and a stand for the heater (to hide the power adapter).
          If interested e-mail me at hmca@...,
          I have pictures of the setup in the photo section.

          Greg
        • Rob Gordon

            Message 5 of 8 , Dec 30, 2013
              You might consider  a rayo lamp. They put out a pretty good amount of heat plus quite a bit of light. They do go though quite a bit of oil though.   I use mine to read the morning paper when the kitchen isn't light yet. And there great for an emergency light.

              Larry

              Message 6 of 8 , Dec 31, 2013

                I second Larry's recommendation. My Rayo equals about a 60 - 70 watt bulb and a ton of heat, I would guess +2500 btu. Here is an example: http://www.milesstair.com/Heaters/French_Eureka_Heater.JPG.

                The Rayos definitely use a lot of fuel but put out a lot of light and heat. Operated on "Kleen-Heat" and a Pyrex globe from Miles, you can push the flame far above the flame spreader safely with no smoke.

                Watch the Rayo's closely on Ebay, most have a dent in the paper thin bodys. If not on a seam, they may be OK. Parts are readily available.

                For Icemas 2013 this year, I was short on Klean Heat so I used mostly flat wick lamps converted from #2 to #3 burners (7/8" to 1-1/2") Quite a bit of light but far less fuel usage.

              • Larry Hollenberg