Superfex model 1103f

  • Tony
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 25, 2013
      I just bought a superfex 1103f that is wickless and I am having trouble starting it. On the inside it has a bowl with a three inch tube in the middle which is perforated all around on the top end of it. The problem is that the kerosene runs down and the bowl is the one that lights up. Should it be the tube on the top which should be lit?
    • Larry Hollenberg
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 25, 2013
        Tony,

        Can you post any photos of the heater that might show the parts your talking about? It sort of sounds like you have a version of the pilot flame burner inside the larger burner but generally the early heaters by perfection which the superfex is didn't use one.. I will check later and see if my catalog for them shows a cut of the burner.. although the number you have is not among that list. Still its a close number to them..

        In the perfections I have used of the latter type the hole for the inflow of oil is directly in the center of the bottom. The pilot burner sits over a tube in the center . There is a sort of cup shaped low spot around that section.  If the heater is set on pilot then they only burn the pilot flame in that tiny inside burner, if they are turned higher then the oil runs out into the larger bottom and make the normal heating flame once the burner heats up enough to turn the oil into a gas.  I am still a bit puzzled by the description but it sound something like the latter style.  We have a perfection heater manual for the older heaters after they started to call it perfection instead of superfex.. That has all the instructions for the latter burner and pilot flame.  Its possible you have that style burner?  If the 3" piece your talking about lifts out of the center of the larger burner then you may indeed have a pilot flame for low. If not I am not sure what your describing yet..

        Larry