food for thought

  • stevenjdubois
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 8, 2013

      Food for thought...at the gas station here today getting some kerosene in NJ. Been coming here for a while but today was the first time that I ever had to wait on line for a kero fill up. I wonder if others are starting to catch onto the value of kero heat, that even in the higher prices it is today just how economical it is as well as great to have that fire burning in a beautiful old perfection heater?

      Again, just a thought I found interesting today. By the way I picked up a new perfection 730 in fairly good condition. Cleaned it all up just needs some paint now but I alreay got it buring and it is a beaut!

    • Larry Hollenberg
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 8, 2013
        Might it be the pending ice storm and people getting emergency heat in case?

        Larry

        On Sunday, December 8, 2013 7:18 PM, "stevenjdubois@..." <stevenjdubois@...> wrote:

        Food for thought...at the gas station here today getting some kerosene in NJ. Been coming here for a while but today was the first time that I ever had to wait on line for a kero fill up. I wonder if others are starting to catch onto the value of kero heat, that even in the higher prices it is today just how economical it is as well as great to have that fire burning in a beautiful old perfection heater?

        Again, just a thought I found interesting today. By the way I picked up a new perfection 730 in fairly good condition. Cleaned it all up just needs some paint now but I alreay got it buring and it is a beaut!

      • techeditor2
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 9, 2013

          It doesn't hurt to have a couple 5 gal. blue cans of clear Kero tucked away. Not like it is going to go bad. The second the grid goes down, everybody has to clear out the stores of everything. I sit back and watch the fun!

          Greg