Re: Your Message to KeroseneHeaterandStoveCollector

  • Ron Mcclung
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 8, 2013
      SHALOM!
      They (Yahoo, Google, etc.) usually do changes regionally.  Me thinks that be so they don't vex the entire population simultaneously.

      This change is obvious in Fla., though it might be more so because this comes via what was AT&T e-mail.  When they put Yahoo in charge of all e-mail (except internal / employee accounts), it went SPLASH! in the toilet.  Then Yahoo did still more "improvements" that are not pleasant.
      >Rant Mode Off<

      Chad,
      Thanks, much.  That is an excellent bit on your oil-fired water heater.
      Though insanely priced (slight nudge), a mere 3/4 gallon per week is really outstanding.  Pay-back should occur in 2 to 4 years, depending on users.
       How does it do when the grid fails?  Surely, you have a UPS to keep the computerized controls functional.  At that price, it should have a built-in UPS.
      Inquiring minds want to know more.

      Curt,
      Linux & Firefox, eh?  Same here (Ubuntu).  Fired Microsoft long ago.

      Let's see if this thing flies out the window when I hit Send.
      When you go faster than the speed of sound, do you hear things you've already said?

      Later,
      Ron

      We're sorry.  The reply message you sent to KeroseneHeaterandStoveCollector Daily Digest was not delivered.

      To ensure the best experience for our users, replies to the Yahoo! Groups Daily Digest are only supported through the "reply links" which immediately follow each message in the fully featured version of the digest.

      [Note: If you use the legacy, traditional digest format, you will need to reply to a message by changing the email address of the reply to KeroseneHeaterandStoveCollector@yahoogroups.com.]

      Meanwhile, if you're interested in starting a new message topic within your group, just send an email directly to KeroseneHeaterandStoveCollector@yahoogroups.com.

      Thank you for your continued support of Yahoo! Groups.

      The Yahoo! Groups Team

          From: Bill
      1b. Re: Poll on access to albums.
          From: Dave Lewis

      2a. Re: So did everyone asphyxiate themselves or something?
          From: Chad Fernandez

      Messages
      1a. Re: Poll on access to albums.
          Posted by: "Bill" newjerseybill@... Newjerseybill
          Date: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:08 pm ((PDT))

      I am still not able to open them and only get a "Loading" message at the top of the page and
      nothing ever opens the chosen album.

      Larry.
      How about a second poll as to what browser people are using, maybe the lack of album loading is browser incompatibility issues.  Poll if ppl are using Chrome, Internet Exploder, Opera, Fire Fox, or any other common ones.

      Bill.

      Messages in this topic (5)
      1b. Re: Poll on access to albums.
          Posted by: "Dave Lewis" dave920@... dave920@...
          Date: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:58 pm ((PDT))

      Larry, I went to the group page from the link on your posting. There, I had no trouble voting and seeing the results. BTW, I have never seen this "new group format" that you keep talking about, and I use Firefox on my Computer and Chrome on my phone. Both work perfectly to show images and the poll.

      I sure hope you get this straightened out because I can tell that you're frustrated - and I'm sorry that you are.

      Dave Lewis
      in   Soulard

      ________________________________
          Date: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:59 pm ((PDT))

      As do I, but you stated you hadn't seen any change, earlier.  That's
      becasue you and I are still using the old Yahoo.  A lot of the rest
      here, including Larry, are seeing a totally revamped website that they
      can't navigate successfully, from what I understand.  Facebook has done
      the same thing in the past, with different users seeing changes at
      different times.

      Chad Fernandez
      Michigan, USA

      On 10/29/2013 07:59 PM, Curt Wuollet wrote:
      > It might be because I use Linux and Firefox, but I have no issues with
      > the pictures, I was just there last night. I didn't try a download.
      >
      > Regards
      >
      > cww

      Messages in this topic (15)

      <*> Your email settings:
          Digest Email  | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to:
          (Yahoo! ID required)

      <*> To change settings via email:
          KeroseneHeaterandStoveCollector-normal@yahoogroups.com
          KeroseneHeaterandStoveCollector-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

    • Curt Wuollet
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 8, 2013
        Linux Mint, Fedora, Debian and Occidentalis on Raspberry Pi, and Android on Nexus 7.
        Only do WIndows at work because the PLC software is Windows only.
        If it weren't for the lists, Yahoo would be on the excrement roster with MS.

        Regards

        cww

            From: Chad Fernandez

        Messages
        1a. Re: Poll on access to albums.
            Posted by: "Bill" newjerseybill@... Newjerseybill

        The poll was announced by Yaboo and I voted yes. I only voted yes because this email address has yet to be Neoized. This is one of the last Yaboo address' I have left that have not be Neoized. I am sure that when they hit this one I will not be able to see them as I can now.

        As stated before I own hundreds of Yaboo groups and most of the members have just stopped posting when Neo hit their address'. Yaboo being the greedy folks they are going to find this looses them money as people start quitting the groups. They did this to appease advertisers not members or groups.

        Sad state of things,
        Ken

        Mr. Plymouth1949
        Never leave home without your MOPAR

        On Tuesday, October 29, 2013 1:45 PM, "larryhollenb@..." <larryhollenb@...> wrote:

        >I have opened a poll which I would hope that at least them more active people would vote in.. I am not sure if yahoo will send a note of the poll to everyone or if you will have to go to the home page and choose the "Poll" selection.  I would be very interested in seeing how easy the access is since the change.
        >

        >I am still not able to open them and only get a "Loading" message at the top of the page and nothing ever opens the chosen album.
        >

        >thanks for your participation.
        >

        >Larry
        >

        >Owner/Moderator

        Messages in this topic (5)
            Date: Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:59 pm ((PDT))

        As do I, but you stated you hadn't seen any change, earlier.  That's
        becasue you and I are still using the old Yahoo.  A lot of the rest
        here, including Larry, are seeing a totally revamped website that they
        can't navigate successfully, from what I understand.  Facebook has done
        the same thing in the past, with different users seeing changes at
        different times.

        Chad Fernandez
        Michigan, USA

        On 10/29/2013 07:59 PM, Curt Wuollet wrote:
        > It might be because I use Linux and Firefox, but I have no issues with
        > the pictures, I was just there last night. I didn't try a download.
        >
        > Regards
        >
        > cww

        Messages in this topic (15)

        <*> Your email settings:
            Digest Email  | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            KeroseneHeaterandStoveCollector-normal@yahoogroups.com
            KeroseneHeaterandStoveCollector-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

      • Chad Fernandez
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 8, 2013
          Unless there is another Chad in the group, that wasn't me...... I don't
          have an oil fired water heater.

          Chad Fernandez
          Michigan, USA

          On 12/08/2013 06:35 PM, Ron Mcclung wrote:

          > Chad,
          > Thanks, much. That is an excellent bit on your oil-fired water heater.
        • techeditor2
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 9, 2013

            I have the oil fired water heater. There was a Chad that wanted to know more asbout how I operate it when the grid goes down.  I have twin 75 amp yellow top Optima batteries that are connected to an pure sine wave inverter/charger/switcher that handles all the heavy chores. I then constructed an LED  "Battery Fuel Gauge" to let me know remotely the status of the battery bank charge. Yhis system has been in plave for over 7 yrs now. one failure in the charger that was repaired. The Kerosene side of this has never failed.

            The Laser 73 can operate for 24 hrs straight or longer if it is warmer outside. The BS36U-FF water heater needs only about 100W to operate. But because it only operates for seconds at a time, little power is used.

            Greg