Florence Heater

  • Michael
    Message 1 of 40 , Oct 22, 2012
    Hi fellow antique stove owners,

    My plans are to use this Florence Heater - Model CH27B - Serial # 367623 to heat the basement.  I'm attaching several photos as they say a photo is worth a thousand words.  This unit has not been used in many many years.  There is absolutely no kerosene or oil smell at all which leads me to believe the unit may be natural gas, however conflicting information has me somewhat confused.  There are the asbestos rings at the base of the burners that were burned, so the unit was used in the past.  I actually replaced the rings with a fiberglass based material with wire mesh found in a clutch and brake shop in Milwaukee.

    I've cleaned the unit, cleared the graphic sealed valves and tubing and now it's time to hook it up.  Can anyone tell me if this unit is natural gas? and possibly a manual out there.

    Thank You,

    Mike Schowalter

  • joe.briscoe
    Message 40 of 40 , Jan 7, 2014
      Does anyone have any info on a Florence Kerosene Heater Model #PR82B? It is 38"H by 18" wide and 12" Deep. It has a double wall burner in the bottom that doesn't appear to use a wick. The burner resembles a crock pot with holes around the inside perimeter and a 1/4" thick ring/lid on the top. There is a handle on the front that controls a valve in the rear. It also has the tray in the back where the fuel tank goes. If any one has any info on how this operates I would really appreciate it. I looks to be in good shape, and I would like to clean it up and operate it. I will upload some pics soon. Thanks, Joe