4257Re: [KeroseneHeaterandStoveCollector] Siegler motor controller

  • Larry Hollenberg
    Mar 12, 2014
      I agree since the Siegler depends to some degree on the fan to produce the "correct" amounts of air to the burner changing that might be a problem.. A Siegler working properly should easily heat a reasonable size workshop.

      On Wednesday, March 12, 2014 11:40 AM, "buck_iii@..." <buck_iii@...> wrote:
      Be aware that some of the Sieglers  require that the fan run at speed in conjunction with the setting of the oil control as the fan also furnishes draft air to the burner. I am not sure if your model works this way but the technique is called "Sieglermatic"... Check it out.
      Keep warm.....
      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Wednesday, March 12, 2014 9:06 AM
      Subject: [KeroseneHeaterandStoveCollector] Siegler motor controller

      Greetings, I have been lurking for many months enjoying the conversations regarding oil heaters and lamps. A friend gave me a Siegler 1010-UN to heat my shop in Roslyn, WA. I am grateful for the manuals scanned and put in the photo folders which were very useful to check out and test run the old girl. I think the Siegler is going to work great after I insulate the shop. Has anybody replaced the blower motor controller with a modern one for variable speed control? The old clifford switch with resistors still works, but I'm thinking of replacing it to be able to run the fan at slightly higher speeds. I've already separated the fan switch from the oil level control knob to adjust them separately.

    • Show all 3 messages in this topic