4236Re: [KeroseneHeaterandStoveCollector] tarnished brass fount

  • Larry Hollenberg
    Feb 14, 2014

      Is is possible you have lacquer sealing the brass. That will get gummy and not want to come off but keeps the brass dark.. I would fear the wire brush would be too coarse to use on the finish?

      On Thursday, February 13, 2014 11:28 PM, Ratkindler <ratkindler@...> wrote:
      I’ve got a brass fount for a Valor Junior #56 that I’m trying to clean but it’s very heavily tarnished.  A steel brush on my Dremel didn’t work, and Brasso got some of it off but most of it won’t budge.  Does anyone have any suggestions for cleaning this without discolouring or damaging the brass somehow?

    • Show all 14 messages in this topic