Re: TS-50 Won't Key up on SSB

  • Max
    Message 1 of 10 , Feb 1, 2005
      Joe,

      Does the TX LED light up when you key the mic?

      When you keyed it up in CW, did it show power output?

      Is there power output in AM or FM?

      Have you tried another microphone?
    • Bill K0ZL
      Message 2 of 10 , Feb 1, 2005
        ok make sure you aren't on "split", could be running
        SSB on receive, and CW on tx!

        next thing: into dummy load, see if you have carrier
        on AM or FM modes.

        bill

        --- N9JCQ@... wrote:

        > Yes Bill. I am using the stock mic.

        > removed]

        =====

        Flinging molten lead WORLDWIDE; putting the 'magic smoke' back in resistors...

        http://my.yahoo.com
      • Bill K0ZL
        Message 3 of 10 , Feb 1, 2005
          That's a good question Dave! hi...

          =====

          Message 4 of 10 , Feb 1, 2005
            Max, we think alike. Scary.

            http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
          • N9JCQ@aol.com
            Message 5 of 10 , Feb 2, 2005
              To all that responded to my questions, I thank you. Well the problem wasn't
              that difficult to find once I played with the radio a while. Turns out that
              there was either tarnish on the mic pins or in the female mic connector. A
              couple of shots of Deoxit and presto, we have output. What a neat rig. Thanks
              again for all of your suggestions
              Joe, N9JCQ