Confused Buttons

  • n0rz1998
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 17, 2004
      Hi Folks,

      I have had my TS50 since 1995. My problem is the up and down and a/b
      buttons. When I push one of these buttons the rig does not always
      respond according to the labeled function on the button. For example
      pushing the "up" button may change bands or vfos. Pushing A/B may
      change vfos or switch to a memory channel. So far I have tried a
      reset and removed the front panel and examined the buttons and
      switches. I could not reproduce the symtoms with panel removed so I
      did not spray any cleaner no air into the switches. A member of our
      club has a TS 50 with the same problem.

      Thanks

      N0RZ
    • t_wibisono@ap.omron.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 17, 2004
        Hi,
        I face a similar problem.
        My "1 MHz" button acts like "Up"/"Down" not sure, I forget.
        I think, the problem is caused by bad "via" on the display board.

        Last year, my VFO dial knob acted so strange.
        I can not change my working frequency by rotating this knob.
        But, after a few hour, it worked normally.
        I found that there was one via which connects between upper layer on bottom
        layer of the PCB was not good.
        I made a jumper to connect that point.
        Then, the radio back to normal.
        Experienced with that problem, I think that the buttons problem are also
        caused by this bad PCB condition.

        I haven't check my radio for this problem, because, so far I don't really
        need the 1 MHz button.
        If I need it, I just re-program the 4 buttons on the mic for this 1 MHz
        button.

        My suggestion is, check the connection of the upper and layer pcb
        connection referring the schematic diagram.
        Just focus on the connection of the "up" / "down" buttons on the pcb.

        Hope this could help.

        Regards

        YD1FBX-Budi