Rig Comes on When Power Supply is Turned On...NORMAL?

  • Tom
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 3, 2004
      Hi Group...

      I am a new owner of an older TS-50. I know the back up battery is
      bad and will be replacing that soon. My question is...when the radio
      has been off for a day or two and then I want to use it, I turn on
      the power supply and the radio powers itself up. I am using an
      Astron 35 amp supply. Is it normal for the radio to just come on all
      by itself when I power up the supply? It signs on with it's HELLO
      message and then goes to 14.000 USB. I know this is because of the
      dead battery.

      Thanks...N8CT
    • Kurt
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 3, 2004
        Hi Tom; yes it is normal if the battery is dead, it will not hold any
        memories and will go back to factory defaults. As far as the HELLO, it will
        do it everytime you turn the radio on.

        73
        Kurt