TS-50 Filter board Diagram ???

  • Joe - G4XRZ
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2004
      Hello all, I just joined this venerable group and must confess to
      being a 'half' owner of a TS-50 :-)

      The Half I own is the rear - as in, the Filter / PA and heatsink
      assembly courtesy of a friend of mine in the 'trade'.
      I am building a home brew HF transmitter using this unit as the PA /
      Filter assembly. Also using a T2 Phasing moddulator for SSB with an
      analog devices 9850 based DDS Synth unit. Control is via PIC
      microprocessor and the receiver is the rather nice AOR AR-7030 Plus.

      All that's needed to complete the basic design is for me to make a
      control function unit for ALC and bandpass filter switching.

      I would really appreciate a copy of the schematic of the low pass
      filter unit/ I have the PA Schematic and that one appears to be
      straightforward.

      If you are familiar with the filter unit but havnt got the diagram,
      perhaps you could still assist and maybe confirm the following ?.

      It would appear from examination that the filter unit is a simple
      realy switched bank of low pass filters (I could measure the
      individual cut-off points but it would be far simpler to look at
      the schematic :-) ...). There appears to be some basic Forward and
      reflected power output available at CN2, RX input from the
      changeover relay from CN1 and control input for the relays on CN4.
      I am unsure as to the purpose at this stage of VR1 and TC1 ?.. VR1
      perhaps a level set for the ALC feed or TX power ?.. TC1 some kind
      of reject circuit for filtering ?.

      Anyways, all good fun.. It appears reasonably straight forward, but
      again, it would be great to take a peek at the 'map'.

      Many thanks and kind regards to the group..

      at least this once written off '50 will live again in a brand new
      role.. :-)

      Joe - G4XRZ - UK