at-250

  • blueknight468
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 3, 2004
      I am doing some spring maintaince on my equipment and I have a ts-
      140 hooked to a at-250 tuner..recently I have noticed the tuner has
      slowed down in the tuning process.
      I was wondering if there is a place to put a drop of oil on the
      shafts or is there a set way to lube the internal works[shafts etc]
      Maybe there is a site available to read up on this item.....
      thanks
    • Bill K0ZL
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 3, 2004
        You can put one drop of oil (I use 10W-30, seems to
        work well; 5W-30 would also be fine) on shafts where
        they go thru bushings... do not oil the nylon gears or
        the back slip contact on the variable caps.

        Motors could be slow because of a power supply issue
        so if you have the schematics you may wish to check
        all the regulated voltages also.

        Things can change on your antenna also; presenting
        more of a challenge to the tuner. Some impedance
        combinations will take longer to tune than others.

        bill

        --- blueknight468 <bennettr@...> wrote:
        > I am doing some spring maintaince on my equipment
        > and I have a ts-
        > 140 hooked to a at-250 tuner..recently I have
        > noticed the tuner has
        > slowed down in the tuning process.
        > I was wondering if there is a place to put a drop of
        > oil on the
        > shafts or is there a set way to lube the internal
        > works[shafts etc]
        > Maybe there is a site available to read up on this
        > item.....
        > thanks

        =====

        "If in doubt, MODIFY" --k0zl