new member

  • vk3user
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 5, 2004
      Hi all

      Name is Ed (vk3gd) thanks for letting me join.

      I purchased my TS 50 when I retired in 1992(one of the early
      ones I think).

      I use it only on trips around VK both in the 4WD or caravan. (trailer).
      It has performed faultlessly but if I cant maintain a almost perfect SWR
      the TS50 drops the output power right back, otherwise a great performer.

      regards
    • Bill K0ZL
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 5, 2004
        Hi Ed!

        It should be able to tolerate 2:1 without reduction.

        Bill

        --- vk3user <sheba@...> wrote:
        > Hi all
        >
        > Name is Ed (vk3gd) thanks for letting me join.
        >
        > I purchased my TS 50 when I retired in 1992(one of
        > the early
        > ones I think).
        >
        > I use it only on trips around VK both in the 4WD or
        > caravan. (trailer).
        > It has performed faultlessly but if I cant maintain
        > a almost perfect SWR
        > the TS50 drops the output power right back,
        > otherwise a great performer.
        >
        > regards

        =====

        "If in doubt, MODIFY" --k0zl

        Need a tech? See our website www.amateur-repairs.com

        Message 3 of 12 , Feb 1, 2004
          hi I just got accepted to the group. my call is wa6cwm. 73s

          Message 4 of 12 , Feb 2, 2004
            Welcome, Mike!

            bill

            mike bowden <untiedfam@...> wrote:
            hi I just got accepted to the group. my call is wa6cwm. 73s

            Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

            "If in doubt, MODIFY" --k0zl

            Need a tech? See our website www.amateur-repairs.com

          • Bill
            Message 5 of 12 , Jan 2, 2005
              ve3tmt

              Hi Max!

              bill
            • Max
              Message 6 of 12 , Jan 3, 2005
                Hi Bill and rest of the group. I will be taking delivery of my second
                TS50 shortly and thought it was time to join the group. Hopefully I
                can learn something from you guys.

                Happy New Year,

                Max VE3TMT
              • Bill K0ZL