over my head?

  • ART
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 1, 2003
      would like to know,if the faulty dds.would be over my head? i have
      done quite a bit of soldering.also where can i purchase them?where
      are they located? any help and advice would be great thanks. art
    • Bill
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 1, 2003
        Purchase the DDS or the rig? hi...

        The DDS is not easy to fix. It is SMD and the unit is
        hard to get out of the board without destroying the
        board.

        Some have been successful in resoldering the DDS; I
        don't mess with them, have found it's better to just
        replace them.

        It is a fairly rare malady so I would buy the rig
        based on owner's assurance that it is OK, and the
        encoder is not worn out... those are the two issues
        with the TS-50, both quite fixable.

        bill

        =====

        see our website www.amateur-repairs.com

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 1, 2003
          sounds like i should get my butt in gear and get it in the mail, dont want to destroy it any worse than it already is .thanks bill ,,,,art