Kenwood IF-232C power supply connector polarity?

  • Valentin 30IR976
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 7, 2002
      Hi all.I have a Kenwood IF-232C interface.I see the power connector for
      13.8V.I have a power supply for this voltage, and have bought a
      connector for the IF-232C connector's size, but would like to know the
      polarity.The connector is one of the cilindric connectors, and would
      like to know if the central conductor is + or - voltage.Perhaps someone
      here has a IF-232C, and could measure and tell me the exact polarity...

      73s de Valentin
    • Bill Leahy KOZL
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 8, 2002
        Hi
        Measure resistance to ground on the connector. If the outside or the inside conductor reads 0 or very close to it, that should be the negative. If neither of them read close to zero ohms to chassis ground, it probably has a full wave bridge inside.
        Valentin 30IR976 <radiotito@...> wrote: Hi all.I have a Kenwood IF-232C interface.I see the power connector for
        13.8V.I have a power supply for this voltage, and have bought a
        connector for the IF-232C connector's size, but would like to know the
        polarity.The connector is one of the cilindric connectors, and would
        like to know if the central conductor is + or - voltage.Perhaps someone
        here has a IF-232C, and could measure and tell me the exact polarity...

        73s de Valentin

        Yahoo! Groups SponsorADVERTISEMENT

        John 14:6 "I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father but through Me.