Re: Battery

  • Brendan
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 3, 2012
      Hi, just an update on the memory battery, I have found a cheaper source in VK http://www.batteriesdirect.com.au/shop/product/12555/CR2032-1F2.html $1.93aus Batteries Direct
      8A Stanley St, Peakhurst 2210 NSW about $3.00 postage in VK and they use paypal. 73's Brendan VK3OY

    • g4kvi
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 21, 2013
        For those that be interested. I acquired a TS50 from a silent key. Works very well but the battery was u/s. I had a look around and in the end used the solution as suggested in http://darrelltech.com/TS50/index.html. Works very well and very easy.
      • AC5JV,GEORGE
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 22, 2013
          DE : AC5JV , GEORGE ,
              yes sir the fix is great , it did it to my ts-50 and sure saved me a few dollars on it and then if i need to replace it again just purchase the battery local at a good savings  , and saves  soldering on the board time after time.
              73'a to all
                  ac5jv,george

          AC5JV, GEORGE
          http://ac5jv.tripod.com
           146.985 RPT INFO
          http://www.kc5dbh.freewebspace.com/
             HAM TRADERS GROUP
          http://groups.yahoo.com/group/neokhamtraders/
              KD5KUF PAWN SHOP
          http://www.siloamspringspawn.com/

        • PY8ELO - Silva
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 23, 2013
            Hi,
            I use this method there are few years but I solder battery holder on the
            board and I put a mica insulator on the bottom case to prevent a short
            circuitry.
            I believe I has made this mod on about few century of TS-50S.
            It works very fine!!!

            Best regards,

            Silva.

            On 21-02-2013 17:13, g4kvi wrote:

            > For those that be interested. I acquired a TS50 from a silent key.
            > Works very well but the battery was u/s. I had a look around and in
            > the end used the solution as suggested in
            > http://darrelltech.com/TS50/index.html. Works very well and very easy.

            Brazilian Ham Radio - ARRL Member
            Callsign: PY8ELO
            Name: Silva
            Grid Locator: GI25ar
            Address: POBOX 151 CEP 68180030
            ITAITUBA - PA - BRAZIL

          • wb0yri
            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 16, 2013
              I would like to replace my battery using the same (hopefully) method it's currently mounted as. I found where others have used replacement part #CR2430-P1-2 which can be found at http://www.mouser.com (there are other suppliers) and I wondered if anyone here have gone this route. Also, does anyone know the insulating material Kenwood used? I gather it's tacky on both sides and I'd like to use something similar just to add mechanical strength.

              73
              Chris