VFO tuning rate

  • n6wk_skcc3
    Message 1 of 8 , Sep 5, 2011
      Is there a Mod to increase the VFO tuning rate? I know it can be changed for the Mic up/down button but how about the actual VFO knob rate?

      thanks,
      Gordon
    • Dave / N4GMU
      Message 2 of 8 , Sep 5, 2011
        Put it in AM mode. Tunes faster.

        Dave / N4GMU

      • Gary Boniecki
        Message 3 of 8 , Sep 5, 2011
          SPIN THE KNOB FASTER, THE FASTER YOU SPIN THE KNOB THE MORE FASTER IT CHANGES TUNING RATE,IF YOU JUST TURN THE KNOB, INCREASES VERY SLOWLY,GIVE IT A GOOD SPIN, IT WILL INCREASE THE RATE OF TUNING,,YOU'LL SEE,ENJOY  GARY

          ________________________________
          Message 4 of 8 , Sep 5, 2011
            (Easter egg)Here is the trick, make sure the squelch is all the way down.

            Now press the scan button, tune the vfo (rapid tuning ) presto !press the scan button again to resume snail tuning.

            De ZR6AUU

          • tnnyswy@yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 8 , Sep 5, 2011
              If they would RTFM!

              (((73))) Milverton.

              Message 6 of 8 , Sep 5, 2011
                I read the Manual Milverton and I am aware that spinning the knob faster
                picks up the rate Gary. It just isn't very acceptable to me the way it
                is stock.
                I also am aware that pushing the scan button is like the FAST button
                on modern rigs, still only a band-aid and not a fix.
                I just wanted to know if there was a MOD to make the Tuning rate Faster
                then it is stock.
                So, The answer conclusion is that there is NOT, or you are NOT aware of
                any Mod.
                Thanks for the time and Bandwidth.

                Gordon
                N6WK

              • richard92295@gmail.com
                Message 7 of 8 , Sep 5, 2011
                  Don't confuse this with modern Rig 'scanning'.... Just tap the scan button then tune the vfo (this gives you the result your looking for)

                  No need for a 'Mod'

                  Linton
                  I read the Manual Milverton and I am aware that spinning the knob faster
                  picks up the rate Gary. It just isn't very acceptable to me the way it
                  is stock.
                  I also am aware that pushing the scan button is like the FAST button
                  on modern rigs, still only a band-aid and not a fix.
                  I just wanted to know if there was a MOD to make the Tuning rate Faster
                  then it is stock.
                  So, The answer conclusion is that there is NOT, or you are NOT aware of
                  any Mod.
                  Thanks for the time and Bandwidth.

                  Gordon
                  N6WK