Output too high

  • n6wk_skcc3
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 1, 2011
      I have a TS-50S here that has very high output. Over 165 watts. It does not change when I select medium or low power in the menu.
      The Tx/Rx board has NOT been modified.
      Even trying to adjust the power down by adjusting pots VR15 and/or VR16 makes NO change. I suspect a problem with IC-11

      Has anyone run into this problem?

      Thanks,
      Gordon
      N6WK
    • n6wk_skcc3
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 19, 2011
        I located the problem of the high output on this TS-50. Turns out it was a bad thru hole that comes off the Negative side of C-197 and goes to the Zener diode on the underneath side the board. Once I repaired that thru hole, now the power is right where it should be in Low, Med or High.

        best 73,
        Gordon