Re: TX Output Fault

  • avvidclif
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 1, 2011
      I give up.

      --- In Kenwood_TS50@yahoogroups.com, "michael.rosemickkrose" <mickkrose@...> wrote:

      > Yes, he checked it in TX mode, he thinks that the fault is in the area of the DC/DC converter but cannot find it.
      >
      > --- In Kenwood_TS50@yahoogroups.com, "avvidclif" <clif@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Did he check the -6v supply when in TX mode?
      > >
      > > Clif
      > >
      > > --- In Kenwood_TS50@yahoogroups.com, "michael.rosemickkrose" <mickkrose@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > I spoke to the engineer this morning and he has already been down this route, so any other thoughts ?

    • michael.rosemickkrose
      Message 2 of 9 , Jun 1, 2011
        I think the engineer has too, he has had the radio in bits several times over the last 2+ months, Hi Hi. Thank you for your help anyway.

        --- In Kenwood_TS50@yahoogroups.com, "avvidclif" <clif@...> wrote:

        > I give up.
        >
        > --- In Kenwood_TS50@yahoogroups.com, "michael.rosemickkrose" <mickkrose@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Yes, he checked it in TX mode, he thinks that the fault is in the area of the DC/DC converter but cannot find it.
        > >
        > > --- In Kenwood_TS50@yahoogroups.com, "avvidclif" <clif@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Did he check the -6v supply when in TX mode?
        > > >
        > > > Clif

      • pe0fko
        Message 3 of 9 , Jun 1, 2011
          > this causes the radio to transmit harmonics while in SSB mode
          Did you try to re-solder the DSS chips, deep down the layer of boards.

          * *
          73, Fred
          PE0FKO

          2011/6/1 michael.rosemickkrose <mickkrose@...>

          > I think the engineer has too, he has had the radio in bits several times
          > over the last 2+ months, Hi Hi. Thank you for your help anyway.
          >

          > --- In Kenwood_TS50@yahoogroups.com, "avvidclif" <clif@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > I give up.
          > >
          > > --- In Kenwood_TS50@yahoogroups.com, "michael.rosemickkrose" <mickkrose@>
          > wrote:
          > > >
          > > > Yes, he checked it in TX mode, he thinks that the fault is in the area
          > of the DC/DC converter but cannot find it.

          > this route, so any other thoughts ?

          > cycling in time with the power fluctuations. Search on TS850 power
          > fluctuations, the TS50 has exactly the same circuit except it's not on a
          > separate board.

          > fluctuates in sync with the TX power fluctuations, this is most pronounced
          > when using FM but does occur in all modes. Voltage is constant. The radio
          > can be stabilized sometimes by increasing the voltage but this causes the
          > radio to transmit harmonics while in SSB mode although it does make the
          > radio useable in SSB mode.

        • avvidclif
          Message 4 of 9 , Jun 1, 2011
            Ok, takes about an hour to fix....