RE: [Kenwood_TS50] Computer frequency control

  • Darrell Wright
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2009
      Hi Rene,

      I am not sure if the CAT-5060 will work with Air Mail or not but have my
      doubts since Air Mail is a communications package as opposed to a rig
      control program. Normally if there is a (CAT) notation then it is a
      Computer Aided Transceiver and therefore a rig control device. We just set
      up Air Mail for our EMA station and it requires a TNC and that particular
      rig has CAT capability as well. So my guess would be that you would need a
      TNC as well.

      And as an answer to the earlier thread to this one, the CAT-5060 is a stand
      alone replacement for the Kenwood IF-10D and the IF-232C. I was able to
      design a circuit that fits into one enclosure that somewhat looks like the
      IF-10D and bolts to the side of the rig using the mobile mounting screws
      supplied with the rig.

      Darrell KF8KT

      Designer and builder of the CAT-5060