Have a Q ?

  • Thomas Roger Freeman
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 5 10:34 PM
      when i transmit my kenwood ts-50s on low power it starts going from 10 to the 100w modes this happens even while i do not talking just transmitting a signal to tune my heathkit SB-200 . I have not turned on the amp i was trying to set the power level and noticed that the power was jumping around !

      so has any one had this problem ?

      if so how do i fix it ?
    • Chris Wright
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 5 11:22 PM
        You will need to put an ATU in betwwen the TS-50 and SB-200 as the SB-200 is not set for 50ohms and the radio is seeing this and shutting down to low power.

        Cheers de Chris

        --- In Kenwood_TS50@yahoogroups.com, "Thomas Roger Freeman" <k7myi@...> wrote:

        > when i transmit my kenwood ts-50s on low power it starts going from 10 to the 100w modes this happens even while i do not talking just transmitting a signal to tune my heathkit SB-200 . I have not turned on the amp i was trying to set the power level and noticed that the power was jumping around !
        >
        > so has any one had this problem ?
        >
        > if so how do i fix it ?

      • Thomas Roger Freeman
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 6 8:52 AM
          ok let me go a little deeper in to the problem and what i have done ..

          i had the same idea ... but when i took the amp and all out of line and put it on a dummy load it still did the same thing ....
          so now i think it is some thing deeper .
          and its not high to low its low to high . it just go to high when trying to load for an amp .CW,AM,FM,SSB it does this in all modes !

          i found some thing and will upload a photo of it .. i will try to make a video of what it is doing !