RE: [Kenwood_TS50] TS-50 VS TS-50S

  • Randall
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 30, 2009
      Thanks for the replies.
      This probably posted somewhere else, but is there a way to determine the
      year of manufacture by the serial number or other markings ?

      Thanks
      Randall
    • dh1nwr
      Message 2 of 14 , May 1, 2009
        --- In Kenwood_TS50@yahoogroups.com, "Randall" <N0UTJ@...> wrote:

        > Thanks for the replies.
        > This probably posted somewhere else, but is there a way to determine the
        > year of manufacture by the serial number or other markings ?
        >
        > Thanks
        > Randall

        look at Msg 1638
        Fred wb6iiq
      • Randall
        Message 3 of 14 , May 2, 2009
          Thanks

          I wonder if all Kenwood serial numbers work that way.

          Randall

          > This probably posted somewhere else, but is there a way to determine the
          > year of manufacture by the serial number or other markings ?
          >
          > Thanks
          > Randall

          look at Msg 1638
          Fred wb6iiq

        • Randall
          Message 4 of 14 , May 3, 2009
            OK, Now I'm looking harder at a TS-50S and trying to find the specifications
            for it.
            Can anyone tell me what the sensitivity is supposed to be for CW on this
            radio.
            Also is the TCXO unit, SO-2, still available for the TS-50 ?

            thanks
          • dpenney1@sbcglobal.net
            Message 5 of 14 , May 3, 2009
              --
              Randall,

              According to my manual the sensitivity varies depended on the receive frequency of the radio. For a reference 10 dB (s + n)/n ratio the CW sensitivity varies from between 0.25 microvolts to 0.35 microvolts. Presumbably this is with the stock 2.2 kHz filter.

              73

              Dave
              K4DCB