Re: [Kenwood_TS50] physical tolerance

  • Bill
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 1, 2003
      Don't worry about the wheeled carrier. If your Ts-50 breaks, I'll give you a DXpedition discount on the repairs. Just have fun
      bill
      "robolt <robolt@...>" <robolt@...> wrote:I'm hauling my TS50 to Easter Island next week along with a power
      supply, antennas, a few tools, ground radials and wire, coax, and
      other stuff all in an aluminum suitcase. It's heavy! I plan to
      carry it on the airplane. I've been reading the messages about the
      sensitivity the TS 50 has to physical shock and I wonder if strapping
      the suitcase on one of those little wheeled baggage carriers would be
      too rough on it.
      The radio is packed in foam but some airports have tiled floors so
      there is a certain amount of bumpety-bump. I'd sure rather use one
      of the wheeled devices than a shoulder strap.
      Anybody have an opinion?

      see our website www.amateur-repairs.com