TS-50 LCD backlight problem fixed.

  • Steve Kent
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 11, 2008
      All:

      Last week, my TS-50's display back lighting stopped working, as well
      as the TX led.

      After some looking around, I found that C1, one of those cursed SMT
      electrolytics was leaking and caused damage to the board. It replaced
      it and found an open via, just slightly above C1's location.

      While I was in there, I also replaced the lithium memory battery.

      It is all working fine now!

      Best Regards & 73,
      Steve Kent - KW5CQ
    • wolfbob
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 11, 2008
        Thanks...my display lite just quit...

        WBob

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 12, 2008
          Hi Steve,

          Another great fix on the ts-50 !

          I have a photo of the pcb in my ts-60
          in the photo section under dimmer circuit,
          C1 was leaking but I caught it in time before
          pcb damage was done, I did have to repair the
          bad plated through hole to get my display lamps
          working again. I also replaced the battery, the
          radio was used and otherwise in good condition.

          73 james ke4drn