AT-50

  • Fred
    Message 1 of 17 , Oct 4, 2007
      What is the going price on a working, used AT-50 with cables and
      connectors?

      I've looked on eBay and the ham classifieds but nobody has one posted
      by itself. Usually they are paired with a TS-50 and they want to sell
      both at the same time.

      My TS-50 lost its finals and I don't want to mess with having it fixed
      and was considering selling it for parts and selling the AT-50
      seperately.

      The TS-50 has the SO-2 and a 500hz CW filter in it.

      Any ideas on the values? Ballpark value is fine. I don't want to give
      it away but don't want to rip anyone off either.

      Fred - KK5AA
      Charleston, AR
    • John Hurley
      Message 2 of 17 , Oct 4, 2007
        Fred, I just bought a used TS-50S and guy also had the AT-50. I paid $385
        for the TS-50S and he wanted $185 for the AT-50. Both are in immaculate
        condition and have all cables/manuals etc.

        I might be interested in your AT-50 depending on the price.

        On 10/4/07, Fred <poppafred@...> wrote:

        > What is the going price on a working, used AT-50 with cables and
        > connectors?
        >
        > I've looked on eBay and the ham classifieds but nobody has one posted
        > by itself. Usually they are paired with a TS-50 and they want to sell
        > both at the same time.
        >
        > My TS-50 lost its finals and I don't want to mess with having it fixed
        > and was considering selling it for parts and selling the AT-50
        > seperately.
        >
        > The TS-50 has the SO-2 and a 500hz CW filter in it.
        >
        > Any ideas on the values? Ballpark value is fine. I don't want to give
        > it away but don't want to rip anyone off either.
        >
        > Fred - KK5AA
        > Charleston, AR

      • Fred Ruckser
        Message 3 of 17 , Oct 4, 2007
          You can't beat the price of the AT-50 provided it works. The TS-50 is a little on the high side.
          73
          wb6iiq

          To: Kenwood_TS50@yahoogroups.comFrom: hurleyskis@...: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 14:08:49 -0700Subject: Re: [Kenwood_TS50] AT-50

          Fred, I just bought a used TS-50S and guy also had the AT-50. I paid $385for the TS-50S and he wanted $185 for the AT-50. Both are in immaculatecondition and have all cables/manuals etc.I might be interested in your AT-50 depending on the price.On 10/4/07, Fred <poppafred@...> wrote:>> What is the going price on a working, used AT-50 with cables and> connectors?>> I've looked on eBay and the ham classifieds but nobody has one posted> by itself. Usually they are paired with a TS-50 and they want to sell> both at the same time.>> My TS-50 lost its finals and I don't want to mess with having it fixed> and was considering selling it for parts and selling the AT-50> seperately.>> The TS-50 has the SO-2 and a 500hz CW filter in it.>> Any ideas on the values? Ballpark value is fine. I don't want to give> it away but don't want to rip anyone off either.>> Fred - KK5AA> Charleston, AR>> >[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

        • dh1nwr
          Message 4 of 17 , Oct 4, 2007
            Fred, how about $125 for the TS-50. If you go for it contact me

            Fred
            wb6iiq
            Missioin Viejo Ca
          • Fred
            Message 5 of 17 , Oct 10, 2007
              Okay, here's what I have decided.

              The TS-50 is sold pending arrival of the check.

              I am selling my AT-50 with its manual and schematics, the standard
              cable, the 20' cord, the power adapter and a quick release mobile
              mount for $200. I will pay for and insure the shipment.

              Anyone interested can reply to poppafred at yahoo dot com and we will
              keep it off list.

              Thanks,

              Fred - KK5AA

              --- In Kenwood_TS50@yahoogroups.com, "Fred" <poppafred@...> wrote:

              > What is the going price on a working, used AT-50 with cables and
              > connectors?
              >
              > I've looked on eBay and the ham classifieds but nobody has one
              posted
              > by itself. Usually they are paired with a TS-50 and they want to
              sell
              > both at the same time.
              >
              > My TS-50 lost its finals and I don't want to mess with having it
              fixed
              > and was considering selling it for parts and selling the AT-50
              > seperately.
              >
              > The TS-50 has the SO-2 and a 500hz CW filter in it.
              >
              > Any ideas on the values? Ballpark value is fine. I don't want to
              give
              > it away but don't want to rip anyone off either.
              >
              > Fred - KK5AA
              > Charleston, AR

            • F5NFB
              Message 6 of 17 , Dec 9, 2016
                Hello the group.
                I wiuld want to knwo what you think about AT-50 ?
                Is it a good compromise with the TS-50 or not ?
                What type of antenne can i use with it ?
                73.
                --
                73 à tous. Joël - F5NFB
              • Lou Blasco
                Message 7 of 17 , Dec 10, 2016
                  Hi,

                  The AT-50 is not a compromise. Matched with the
                  TS-50 it is an excellent tuner that performs much
                  better than the internal tuners of many rigs. It
                  is possible to use it in manual mode but with the
                  correct control cable there are very few loads that the AT-50 cannot handle.

                  If you have a TS-50 I would search long & hard to find a AT-50 to work with it.

                  Regards

                  Lou
                  VK3ALB

                  At 09:24 10/12/2016, you wrote:
                  >Hello the group.
                  >I wiuld want to knwo what you think about AT-50 ?
                  >Is it a good compromise with the TS-50 or not ?
                  >What type of antenne can i use with it ?
                  >73.
                  >--
                  >73 à tous. Joël - F5NFB
                  >

                  >------------------------------------
                  >Posted by: F5NFB <f5nfb@...>
                  >------------------------------------
                  >

                  >------------------------------------
                  >
                  >Yahoo Groups Links

                • F5NFB
                  Message 8 of 17 , Dec 10, 2016

                    Thank you dear OM for your response.

                    I have a TS-50 and i have found an AT-50. I read yesterday on the web some advices and were excellent.

                    I think i will invest in this ATU.

                    73 and all good thinks for you and you family for christmas.

                    --
                    73 à tous. Joël - F5NFB
                  • Krzysztof BOROWIAK
                    Message 9 of 17 , Dec 10, 2016
                      W dniu 09.12.2016 o 23:24, F5NFB f5nfb@... [Kenwood_TS50] pisze:

                      > I wiuld want to knwo what you think about AT-50 ?
                      > Is it a good compromise with the TS-50 or not ?
                      > What type of antenne can i use with it ?

                      It is very good addition to our TS-50. Also with mobile
                      antennas (e.g. Kenwood MA-5).
                      IMHO: worth the money!

                      73 de sp3eld

                      --
                      „na kursie i na ścieżce!”

                      http://borowiak.pl
                    • Doug Pfaff
                      Message 10 of 17 , Dec 10, 2016

                        this tuner is 25 years old(at50) and can not be repaired due to lack of parts. Spend your money on a newer LDG tuner that has a 10:1 tuning ratio than kenwoods AT50 3:1 ratio.

                        You are wasting money on kenwood at50 tuner.

                        I purchased a LDG tuner 5 years ago after my at50tuner was not repairable.

                        LDG builds tuners for each brand just tell the its for a kenwood ts50

                        Doug VE5CP

                        --
                        73 à tous. Joël - F5NFB

                        Doug Pfaff
                        doug.pfaff@...

                      • Doug Pfaff
                        Message 11 of 17 , Dec 10, 2016

                          LOU MY AT50 TUNER WAS UNREPAIRABLE due to obsolete parts and it 25 years old

                           I bought mine(at50) in 1994.

                          Obsolete  electronic parts was the answer i got and i have the repair manual.

                          Its the electronic parts that get you.

                          Buy a newer LDG tuner it got a wider correction range.

                          I got this advice from the european hams and found it to be correct.

                          Doug ve5dcp

                          At 09:24 10/12/2016, you wrote:
                          >Hello the group.
                          >I wiuld want to knwo what you think about AT-50 ?
                          >Is it a good compromise with the TS-50 or not ?
                          >What type of antenne can i use with it ?
                          >73.
                          >--
                          >73 à tous. Joël - F5NFB
                          >

                          >------------------------------------
                          >Posted by: F5NFB <f5nfb@...>
                          >------------------------------------
                          >

                          >------------------------------------
                          >
                          >Yahoo Groups Links

                          Doug Pfaff
                          doug.pfaff@...

                        • Clif Holland
                          Message 12 of 17 , Dec 11, 2016
                            So far I've been able to repair every AT50 that came thru here??? Parts
                            are not an issue.

                            --

                            Clif Holland KA5IPF
                            www.avvid.com
                            Message 13 of 17 , Dec 12, 2016
                              You did a great job on mine!

                              Sent from Mail for Windows 10

                              Message 14 of 17 , Dec 23, 2016
                                Hello the group.
                                Is anyone made a panadapter for the TS-50S ?
                                With what type of SDR key ? Funcube ? Other ?
                                Where can i pick up the signal ?

                                Merry Xmas everybody.
                                --
                                73 à tous. Joël - F5NFB
                              • Alessandro Danese
                                Message 15 of 17 , Dec 23, 2016
                                  Hi Joel,
                                  this is the one I have done using an Afedri SDR-NET:

                                  History of this project here:

                                  It's italian lenguage, but you can easily translate with google

                                  73
                                  Alex VE7ADA-IZ7FMM