Fw: Serial No.

  • Brian Sutton
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 2, 2006
      ----- Original Message -----
      From: Brian Sutton
      To: TS50@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, December 03, 2006 8:57 AM
      Subject: Serial No.

      Hi, Can anyone tell me what the serial No. 50700657 indicates. I just purchased a unit with this number. Is it any indication of the date of manufacture. Thanks. Brian

    • Brian Sutton
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 2, 2006
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 2, 2006
          I would be curious to know also. Here are my ts-50 s/n's for comparison:

          Serial Number on Kenwood TS-50S Transceivers
          1st 40100053
          2nd 20700085

          Kenwood_TS50@yahoogroups.com wrote on 12/02/2006 04:10:24 PM:

> [...]

        • Peter
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 3, 2006
            Brian, the number: 5-2=3 --> could be 2003 or 1993, 07 = July, 657
            is the running number.

            To check if your rig is 1993 or 2003 you can look for the DDS step
            size. Older rigs are 5 Hz, newer 3 Hz. To find this out you can
            configure a mic PF-key to show the RIT (in the menu). This does
            display to one hertz accuracy when the PF key is pressed.

            73, Peter - HB9PJT

            --- In Kenwood_TS50@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Sutton" <suttons@...>