Re: Introduction

  • Ruben
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2006
      Hello Tony, welcome to the group. I'm also new here and believe me I
      should have joined up a long time ago. I'm happy and proud to say
      that because of some help that I received I was able to repair my
      TS50s. It's back on the air and I finally made a contact on 20
      meters today. Got a good report, really happy about that.
      Best 73 Tony and to the group as well

      --- In Kenwood_TS50@yahoogroups.com, "sailortonyb1"
      <sailortonyb1@...> wrote:

      > Hello all, my name is Tony, call sign KC5SDI. Have my general
      Class
      > license about 10 years , I think. I got my radio license when i
      was
      > a Captain on Crew Boats and supply boats in the Oil Fields of the
      > Gulf of Mexico. I always wanted to be a HAM when i was a kid, but
      we
      > were too poor and also we lived in the 'high rise' city Projects
      in
      > Brooklyn, so no place for an antenna. Anyway, I decided to get my
      > license when i was a Captain because i had lots of spare time and
      > only operated from boats. Then I got a job on the Platforms and
      Rigs