TS-50 Output Problem

  • w8ph
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 8, 2006
      Hello,
      I am new to this group and am troubleshooting a problem i have
      isolated to the final board (X45-3460-00)(A/2).
      I believe the problem is Q1 due to bad diode riding on top of the
      transistor, after replacing diode i get the following...
      Base .1V(actual) 1.6V(supposed)
      Collector 13.83V(actual 13.8V(supposed)
      Emitter .8V(actual) .79V(supposed)
      When i take my reading on the emitter the power output jumps to max
      when keyed up.
      Is this a bad transistor?
      Am i moving in the right direction ?
      Any help would be greatly appriciated.