New to list

  • John Geiger
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2005
      I have just joined this list as I picked up a Kenwood
      TS60 last week. So far it seems like a great 6 meter
      all mode. I also had one briefly last summer, and was
      impressed with the receiver on it. I didn't get to
      use it on the 6 meter Eskip opening we had last night,
      as I had just got a Kenwood TS2000 in, and had moved
      the power cord over to that rig. It played nicely on
      6, though.

      I do have a question about the TS50/60 series. Am I
      right assuming that there is no speech processor on
      these units? I haven't been able to find anything in
      the manual about one, and can't find one on the menus
      either. The one local station I worked with my TS60
      over the weekend did say that it has the best audio of
      any rig he has heard me on.

      Any other good or bad things I should know about the
      TS60/50 series also?

      73s John NE0P

      =====
      John Geiger
      Associate Professor of Psychology, Cameron University

      Ham Call NE0P, active 160m-70cm

      Radios: Kenwood TS2000 (HF/6/2/70cm), Kenwood TS60 (6M base adn mobile work), Icom W32A (2m, 70cm)

      Antennas: 2 element Mini Quad, Cushcraft A14810S, Cushcraft 719B Homebrew G5RV

      3 VUCCs on 50mhz: from EN41, EN51, EM04, #1014, #1015, #1290
      2 meter VUCC #615
      Satellite VUCC #129
      County Hunters award (500): #3301, all 6 meters

    • Bill K0ZL
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2005
        No processor, John.

        As long as there is no distortion on receive or
        transmit, the 50 and 60 series are good.

        bill

        --- John Geiger <johngeig@...> wrote:

        > I have just joined this list as I picked up a
        > Kenwood
        > TS60 last week. So far it seems like a great 6
        > meter
        > all mode. I also had one briefly last summer, and
        > was
        > impressed with the receiver on it. I didn't get to
        > use it on the 6 meter Eskip opening we had last
        > night,
        > as I had just got a Kenwood TS2000 in, and had moved
        > the power cord over to that rig. It played nicely
        > on
        > 6, though.
        >
        > I do have a question about the TS50/60 series. Am I
        > right assuming that there is no speech processor on
        > these units? I haven't been able to find anything
        > in
        > the manual about one, and can't find one on the
        > menus
        > either. The one local station I worked with my TS60
        > over the weekend did say that it has the best audio
        > of
        > any rig he has heard me on.
        >
        > Any other good or bad things I should know about the
        > TS60/50 series also?
        >
        > 73s John NE0P
        >

        > =====
        > John Geiger
        > Associate Professor of Psychology, Cameron
        > University
        >
        > Ham Call NE0P, active 160m-70cm
        >
        > Radios: Kenwood TS2000 (HF/6/2/70cm), Kenwood TS60
        > (6M base adn mobile work), Icom W32A (2m, 70cm)
        >
        > Antennas: 2 element Mini Quad, Cushcraft A14810S,
        > Cushcraft 719B Homebrew G5RV
        >
        > 3 VUCCs on 50mhz: from EN41, EN51, EM04, #1014,
        > #1015, #1290
        > 2 meter VUCC #615
        > Satellite VUCC #129
        > County Hunters award (500): #3301, all 6 meters

        > Yahoo! Sports - Sign up for Fantasy Baseball.
        > http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/

        =====

        Flinging molten lead WORLDWIDE; putting the 'magic smoke' back in resistors...

        http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail