KPG-96D MPT capable software.

  • radioscan@poczta.fm
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 11, 2011
      Hello everyone!

      Recently I purchased a TK-8180 (E version). Tried to reprogram it with KPG-96D ver. 2.20, but no effect - RSS says "Check Model Name and Market Code". When I'm monitoring communication between RSS and radio with SerialPortMonitor I see that radio presents yourself as M8185 (..M8185'ÿñ.), so I belive I have the MPT1327 European version and I need "KPG-96D MPT" software. Could anybody help me with this?

      Thanks in advance,

      Wojtek.
    • philip p
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 12, 2011
      Hello

      You can flash the radio back to conventional using FPro and the right firmware.
      The file  2180 is for portables and mobiles

      power up the radio holding the S key

      Firmware upgrade must be enabled in the current programm

      Regards/Met vriendelijke groet,

      Philip Prins

      To: Kenwood_Rss@yahoogroups.com

      Message 3 of 3 , Aug 12, 2011
        Thank You, Fellows for all the replies. My TK-8180E works! I did not flash the radio, so I have only 32 conventional channels, but that's enough for me. Thanks again!