healing

  • wendelgreylocke
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 11, 2003
      Greetings all,

      I've been smoking a pack a day for about 3 years, and, well, I want
      to quit. I ordered the Smoke Away program (anybody try this?), but
      I'm going to try to quit without using it... I'm hoping that by
      providing myself with a tangible challenge (of getting my money back,
      and saying I quit without help) will help motivate me. Anyway, I'm
      particularly interested if anyone knows of any research about how
      much the lungs heal after quitting, particularly regarding lung
      capacity and removal of tar buildup (according to smoking-
      cessitation.org I've put about 3 cups into my lungs over the years).

      Thanks,
      Grey