File - forumtips.html

  • KatrinasAngelsinActionForum@yahoogroups.c
    Message 1 of 82 , Feb 1, 2012
      TIPS FOR USING THE ANGEL IN ACTI

      TIPS FOR USING
      THE ANGEL IN ACTION
      DISCUSSION FORUM

      SEARCHING:

      Search:

      Use the bar on the right side of the forum to search by keyword.

      Our forum has thousands of messages on various topics.  You can

      narrow down your subject by using this search block.

      For example type in:  shelters in MS.

      The searching will find all forum posts that relate back to shelters in MS.

      QUICK RESOURCE LIST:

      This is found at the top of the forum page under Description.  This is a listing of Resources that Katrina's Angels can recommend.

      FILES Section:

      Admin Files is for the staff of Katrina's Angels.
      Disaster Preparation Files are basic files on handling a disaster. They are also linked elsewhere within the group.
      Non Profit Information Files is for the staff of Katrina's Angels.
      .TXT Files are for the Administrator of this Yahoo Group.  They are word files that are linked elsewhere within the group.
      STATE Resource Files are older resource files that are categorized by individual state.  This folder of resources is also included in the LINKS section under NATIONWIDE Folder.  PLEASE DO NOT ADD NEW FILES TO THIS FOLDER.

      LINKS Section:

      NATIONWIDE RESOURCES! - This is OUR main resources.  Inside you will find Nationwide resources categorized by subjects.  There is also a folder for STATEWIDE resources categorized by individual sSate.  This is where you should ADD NEW FILES.

      Christmas Resources 2007- This list can be modified year to year.

      Hurricane Katrina Archive-All of our Hurricane Katrina Information has been categorized into this folder.

      Past Storms - Resources- Storms that we were involved with or that were of a major concern are listed here.

      Thanksgiving Resources- This list can be modified year to year.

      Blogs- Our favorite blogs relating to Disaster Assistance and volunteering.

      Emergency Preparedness Plans- Organized by individual State.

      FEMA Information - FEMA related disaster information.

      Inspiration-This was started when Hurricane Katrina was at its worst.  We decided to keep it.

      Lost and Found Lists - This was became a major tool for disaster victims.  It's useful for any disaster in the U.S.

      Media Alerts-Alerts to current storms and media releases from Katrina's Angels.

      News Stand-Newspapers from around the U.S.

      Notes for Admin-This folder is for the Yahoo group administrator.

      Quilting, Crochet, Sewing Groups-Many of these groups will help with disaster victims.  We love to participate in these projects.

      Yahoo Group Administrator:
      Janet Arp
      janetarp@...

      Submit and post to the YAHOO Group using this email address:  KatrinasAngelsinActionForum@yahoogroups.com