THIS LAND IS YOUR LAND, Concord, 9/20

  • J
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 12, 2008

      Hey friends!

      We're so excited to let you know about this upcoming concert. It's a great opportunity to support The Woody Guthrie Foundation & Archives. We're all going, hope to see you there!

      Rock on!

      Anna Canoni
      Woody Guthrie Foundation

      SPECIAL CONCERT ANNOUNCEMENT!

      SHERYL CROW SHOW TO BENEFIT
      THE WOODY GUTHRIE FOUNDATION & ARCHIVES

      with THE BLACK KEYS, CAT POWER, SON VOLT, MIKE NESS,
      HENRY ROLLINS, SARAH LEE GUTHRIE & JOHNNY IRION

      September 20, 2008 at 2:00p
      Sleep Train Pavillion
      Concord, CA
      Get your tickets NOW!

      Woody is just Woody. He is just a voice and a guitar. Harsh voiced and nasal, his guitar hanging like a tire iron on a rusty rim, there is nothing sweet about Woody, and there is nothing sweet about the songs he sings. But there is something more important for those who will listen. There is the will of a people to endure and fight against oppression. I think we call this the American spirit.

      - John Steinbeck

      THIS LAND IS YOUR LAND
      Saturday, September 20th, 2008
      Afternoon concert - 2:00p
      Sleep Train Pavilion
      2000 Kirker Pass Road
      Concord, CA 94521
      For tickets: (925) 676-8742
      Click here for tickets & concert information

      Gathering together with a feisty line-up of musicians, Sheryl Crow will headline this fundraiser for The Woody Guthrie Foundation & Archives and the John Steinbeck Center. Thanks to the support of the producers at Live Nation, $2.50 from every ticket sold will be donated to each organization.

      Rock, roll, laugh and love the day away with Sheryl Crow, The Black Keys, Cat Power, Son Volt, Mike Ness, Henry Rollins, and Woody's granddaughter, Sarah Lee Guthrie & John Steinbeck's great-nephew, Johnny Irion while supporting these two important organizations who truly represent the American spirit!

      Get your tickets NOW!

      A huge thanks goes to all the musicians who are coming together on this day to remind us, in times like these, what we think the American spirit can sound like today!

      Historical artifacts on display from the Woody Guthrie Archives include reproductions of original lyrics (including his Dust Bowl Ballads), artwork and photographs.

      Items on display from the John Steinbeck Archives include signed first editions of Steinbeck's novels, copies of private correspondence between Steinbeck and Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., as well as other historical and literary figures and original one sheets from movies of Steinbeck including The Grapes of Wrath, Viva Zapata, The Wayward Bus and more.

      For the most recent News & Events, please visit our website.
      www.WoodyGuthrie.org