Am I a Kafir?

  • B.S.Goraya
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 3, 2009

      Am I a Kafir?

      In pursuit of my archaeological interest, yesterday, I visited the Qadian town in district Gurdaspur and met Mr. Tanvir Khadam a Qadiani Muslim preacher.  Khadim tried to explain me how Qadianis or Ahmedias were a valid branch of Islam. But our discussion drifted towards parallels between Islam and Sikhism.  Keeping in view of my belief in One God I posed a direct question to Khadim sahib whether I am Kafir or a momin in the eyes of Islam.

      But I fear the reply of Khadim sahib was not categorical. I hereby request the learned Muslims in this forum to specify how I am a kafir despite my following beliefs. Replies of the scholars will thus automatically define the areas of difference between Sikhism and Islam.

      I believe in the existence of such a God who is

      1.    A single power in the entire universe which is infinite. My God is not confined only to seven skies or seven ethers. He is infinite and so is His creation infinite -(Ikk-onkar)

      2.    His appropriate name could be Truth or Satnam, though He can be called Allah or God. He can be given millions of other names keeping in view of his attributes

      3.    He is creator of entire universe – karta purakh

      4.    He is fearless and not under the control of any other power – Nirbhau

      5.    He is common for all creatures of the universe i.e He doesn't favour or prefer some particular sect or kind of His creatures –Nirvair

      6.    He is beyond the concepts of time and space i.e We can't call that He came to this universe in a particular era or time or in a particular country or area – Akal Murat

      7.    He neither takes birth nor dies to take birth again. (Theory of incarnations is thus discounted) –Ajuni

      8.    He can't be installed like some people install images. He is self installed in the entire universe –Saibhang

      9.    He can be understood through the pleasure of a perfect teacher

      10.                       Once introduced to the idea of  the omnipresent God I worship on Him and my mode of worship is saying or singing his praises- Siffat Salah-Naam

      11.                       My teacher or Guru tells me to start Singing His praises early in the morning say about 4 AM or it could be earlier and throughout the day keep in mind His existence and how He is blessing His creatures like me,

      12.                       What ever is happening to me I take it as His will the razaa and obediently bow to His razaa

      13.                       I believe my destiny was predetermined and there can't be any change to it. On the face of adversity I do additional prayers to get extra strength to face the adversity calmly.  After my prayers I get strong enough because I am told that I will have to leave this universe (my death). And no adversity is not above death and death is bound to happen. So I am tranquil.

      14.                       The aim of my life is a union with that All Pervading Power so that I don't bear the pains of further lifes and deaths. I believe all creatures are His creations and are part of Him. Like we have different water bodies but water is one. He has moulded us in different species and kinds. But our seed is one. Like there could be thousands of gadgets but the electric current is one.

      15.                       I believe this universe is a kind of drama enacted by Him through the tools of sexual urge (kaam) anger (krodh) greed (lobh) attachment (moh) and Hankaar (the pride). My Guru tells me that once you realise the working of these tools of God then this ego will not trouble me and I remain unaffected and serene: I feel no pains, no pleasures but I am in a state of anand the ecstasy.

      16.                       Since I don't believe that God incarnates, I can't worship Hazret Mohammed, neither Jesus Christ. My Guru tells me that Brhama, Shiva, Vishnu, Rama, Krishna were in fact kings of different eras whom the people worship as avataars or the incarnations. As my fellow brothers respect them so I do I to keep this world harmonious.

      17.                       When I will leave this world my relatives will burn my body though it is not clear whether the remains of my founder Guru Nanak were buried or burnt since both grave and a smadhi exist.

      18.                       (These are in fact ideals what as a Sikh I am supposed to do.  But God has not been kind enough on me so that I could live in His razaa. Thus I am striving and aspiring to live life like an ideal Sikh the Gurmukh)

      So please help me to learn parallels and differences between Islam and Sikhism.

      B.S.Goraya's Message Archives at:

      B.S.Goraya
      Editor:
      www.punjabmonitor.com
      www.kartarpur.com
      60, Diamond Avenue, Majitha Road, Amritsar
      Tel: 0091-9417064262(Mobile) 0091-183-2421915(Landline)
      (Email : bsgoraya@...)

    • B.S.Goraya
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 9, 2009
        No sir, that can't be shared. Revealing of it amounts to danger to 'Security and Integrity of India'. It is very very fragile. You know what a Baboo does in office is  either 'confidential' 'secret' or 'Top Secret'.  What you are asking for is top secret matter. 'No interference' or 'action will be taken'. 'security can't be compromised'.

        My dear pseudonym Jarnail I worked with ESI and you know there even the purchase of chairs, tables, fans, coolers would be confidential. Purchase of medicines was on large scale sometimes amounting to crores of rupees as such it was 'top secret'.

        So don't put India to security risk. Don't ask these things. I know you IB or RAW people are interested only these petty things. You only catch 'a clerk caught red handed accepting Rs. 500 of bribe, a patwari caught, a hawaldar caught.' I know your interest lies only in these small things. You never bother what a politician is doing neither what a secretary is doing. You yourself rather facilitate their illegal and anti-people activities and business. You convenently close your eyes when 'smack is smuggled in' or when politicians distribute truck loads of intoxicants. Because that is none of your concern. Your target is only a patwari or a baboo.
        You people are facilitating poisoning of masses but Mr. pseudonym never forget your children will also consume the same and they are.

        From: Jarnail Singh <dalit@rocketmail. com>
        Subject: Re: [Kartarpur] Am I a Kafir?
        To: "ISI" <kartarpursahib@ yahoo.co. uk>
        Date: Friday, 9 October, 2009, 11:06 PM

        You are neither Kafir nor Momin
        but a retired small time Government clerk!!!

        It would be interesting to know that as a small time Government clerk,
        1.How did you make life difficult for the common man ???
        2.Any experience in extorting from the common man should be shared with the Groups.

        http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/Kartarpur/ messages

        (Email : bsgoraya@kartarpur. com)