Oh God! They Consumed Jalebi worth Rs. one lac - the BSF man

  • B.S.Goraya
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2009
      ਕਰਤਾਰਪੁਰ ਭਾਵ ਭਾਰਤ ਤੇ ਪਾਕਿਸਤਾਨ ਦਰਮਿਆਨ ਅਮਨ ਸ਼ਾਂਤੀ

      Oh God! They Consumed Jalebi worth Rs. one lac - the BSF man

      The week long mammoth festival of Dera Baba Nanak is in progress. It started on March 2, 2009. The gathering was at its peak on 4-3-09. By any miser estimate about 7 lakh people are visiting the Border Point from where Kartarpur sahib is visible. Traditionally the mela or gathering is meant to have darshan the glimpse of holy chola the garment which Guru Nanak wore.

      At the point on Border near Dera Baba Nanak from where Kartarpur sahib is visible Darshan Sthal Indian border police the Border Security Force have erected barricades to  control the rush of pilgrims. About 4 months ago the BSF received orders that every visitor to Darshan Sthal be registered so that the Govt can have an idea as to how many people are mad to see Kartarpur. Since then a BSF man keeps record of people visiting.

      Obviously every time I go to Darshan Sthal I would innocently ask the BSF jawan as to how many people have visited today. They would say ‘300’ ‘400’. Yesterday I asked the same question and the unsuspecting BSF sentry spoke:-

       “Sardarji tumhara dimag kam nahin karta, yeh ginti kaise ki ja sakti hai.. Oh sardarji you are stupid how can this number be counted? The stream is continuously flowing. Yesterday they completely exhausted our canteen stock and in the end of day our cash balance stood at whopping Rs.106353.”

      Could we imagine the numbers of people that can consume Jalebis and samosas of BSF canteen worth one lakh. The  number was visible to every one except the Delhi bosses who have erected barbed fence to prevent pilgrims visiting the Sikh holy shrine of Kartarpur sahib.

      I request you to visit to see the images of mela in progress:-

      Punjab Monitor Magazine
      Sangat Langha Kartarpur
      60, Diamond Avenue, Majitha Road, Amritsar
      Tel: 0091-9417064262(Mobile) 0091-183-2421915(Landline)
      (Email : bsgoraya@...)