Re: [kartarpur] Re: Height of Hindutava Intolerance: K

  • Tarlochan S. Nahal
    Message 1 of 38 , Jan 31, 2006
      Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa
      Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh

      Dear B. S. Goraya,

      Let me reiterate that I am a firm believer of Dohira "Agya Bhai Akal Ki ..."
      that we recite at the end of the prayer. So I do not know what makes you
      think I am saying no while saying yes. I think I have made it prett clear. I
      will try again.

      What I have said is that there is no actual proof that it is authored by the
      Tenth Guru Himself. It does not necessarily mean it is not true. His
      thoughts could possibly be documented by Bhai Nand Lal just like many things
      in the Rehatnamas are not coming directly from the Guru, but from the Sikhs
      of the Guru. In fact some of them are anti-Sikh that go totally against the
      teachings of the Sikh Gurus. I will not get into details here because it is
      a differnet topic.

      As far as "pargat Guran ki Deg ..." is concerned (as raised by Mr. S.
      Sidhu), it should not be taken in the literal sense. Rather it should be
      taken as the final authority, combined thoughts and philosophy of the Sikh
      Gurus. Since the Gurus are not physical present, this is our perpetual
      spiritual guide as per the direction of Guru Gobind Singh. Guru Granth Sahib
      is our "Shabad Guru."

      A physical body does have more than one souls in it where the word "Guran"
      (a plural) means the Sikh Gurus. Guru Granth Sahib is a single entity. So
      why should one be confused that it is the physical body of the Ten Sikh
      Gurus! Guru Granth Sahib is NOT worshipped as a body, but it is worshipped
      as the Shabad Guru that contains the thoughts and philosophy of the Sikh
      Gurus and saints whose Bani is present in the Holy book.

      Gur Fateh

      Tarlochan Singh

      Message 38 of 38 , Feb 6, 2006

        Dear Mr Nahal,

        1.              How could you take the liberty of maligning me  by stating, “because you have accepted the slavery of the "Bipar" and you are trying to dull the Sikh spirit by your misinformation and by telling people that it is a good idea to be in a state of perpetual slavery and not question authority or even raise your voice against injustice. Because you have accepted the slavery of the "Bipar" and you are trying to dull the Sikh spirit by your misinformation and by telling people that it is a good idea to be in a state of perpetual slavery and not question authority or even raise your voice against injustice.”

        You need to substantiate your such ugly remarks with regard to me, by any of my such alleged writings, that I  ever having indulged in such absurdities, you dare impute me without any ground whatever so wildly and senselessly, as if you possess such Divine Authority of the Sikh Faith to interpret in your way alone  !!!

        2.              You tell me, “You are so anti-Banda Singh Bahadur who established the first Sikh rule after only couple of years. This is the first time in the history of the world the followers of a Guru or Prophet established a vast kingdom only in a couple of years after the last Guru or Prophet left for heavenly abode. Although his rule was short lived, he did tell the world that Khalsa can and shall rule. The Sikhs were able to establish their rule in the form of 12 misls only within half a century of Baba Bands Singh Bahadur's martyrdom even after suffering two massacres. He had left a legacy and model for them.”

        Answer – History bears testimony that countless robbers, dacoits, bootleggers have from time to time emerged and have managed to come to power.   Banda Bairagi was not alone, appeared like a meteor and vanished  ignobly.  Banda did attain to power by raising the rebellion against the regime of  most humane emperor,  Bhadur Shah, who loved Guru Gobind Singh Ji and had served him.  Raising of rebellions to attain to power is an admittedly immature way, as it invariably results in similar subsequent revolts amongst the rebels themselves once the power is attained, those who do not get adequate share of the exploits in the first instance.  There has been no instance where the Sikh Gurus had ever raised any revolt against any regime on any count.  And for the Sikhs to rebel against

        the emperor who had served the Guru so well, was actually an act against the Guru himself, which was most shameful.  Furthermore, in the battles fought by Banda, all Muslims were singled out to be massacred without regard to the age and sex, not those who actually committed excesses – this did cause greatest blot on the Sikh Character, and it resulted into the chain reactions of mutual animosity created between Sikhs and Muslims which last to this day, for which Sikhs are adequately to be blamed.

        3.    You ask me, “Why do we have to compare Bhai Nand Lal Goya with Shahid Bhai Mani Singh?”  There was earlier question raised about interpretation of “dohera” in the name of Nand Lal.  It was in this context comparison, as given by the Xth Guru himself about the unreliability of the persons, who do not accept the authority of the GURU completely had to be given..  You are obviously twisting the things senselessly yourself, and ridiculing yourself, as a most misinformed person.  All your further delineating on this comparison is an exercise in absurdities in you.

        4.   You state – “S. Dalip Singh Ji, you have tried to reduce the Sikh sword to nothing more than a kirpan that is used to just cross cut "krhah parshad" at the time of "bhog" ceremony This was not the intention of the Guru. The Sikhs need both "Sword of Knowledge" and the "Real Sword" AND of course, its "modern day equivalent."  And you are forgetting all the battles of the sixth Guru, Guru Hargobind Sahib, the Tenth Guru and the forts that they had built up. We do not expect you to go out and start playing gatka with "Sri Sahib" at this advanced age, but please do not spread misinformation about "SWORD" and do not dilute the meaning of Raj Karega Khalsa.”

                ANSWER -  You are advised to seek the meaning of SWORD from Sri Guru Gobind Singh Ji’s writings in Bichitar Natak, the very opening verses.  They refer to the Supreme Authority of the Creator Lord only, and all are taught to accept His Authority, and live and act under His behests only.  Those who are swayed by their immature minds’ wild desires and do untoward things invariably meet with utter grief, and destroy themselves.  They are destroyed by the Sword they wield.

        DALIP SINGH