Re: Krooner #2 now posted on web site

  • Tammy Dalcourt
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 2 10:13 AM
      Ok well I had to call to find out who's in there now. The management
      doesn't know the name of the company, but claims the hostess is
      Angela. I asked it it's still BellTower and got a very fast "NO", but
      she states that the new company has only been there for 2 weeks and
      has yet to give her an "Invoice". For the record it's Weds nights. I
      was hoping to be able to go check them out and give them sh!t for it
      not being BellTower, then hit an actual show, but we work on Weds...
      oh well, We are really hoping to catch a BellTower show on a Saturday
      sometime soon!
      Really sorry to hear you guys had to go through that, I guess Raxx is
      more accustomed to dealing with "non legit" companies eh...
      Tammy D
    • Cathy Vaughan
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 2 2:32 PM
        Hi Tammmy,

        Cathy from Average Joe here.
        Trust me these guys at Raxx aren't selective, they are going to any
        company legit and non-legit. They are the defintion of "Bad Bar
        Owners" when it comes to screwing over entertainment...stay CLEAR
        away from them.

        I may have an story about another "bad bar owner" coming soon...stay
        tuned!

        Cheers,
        Cathy Vaughan
        www.averagejoekaraoke.com
      • Vernonica Hughes
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 3 11:53 AM
          i went to Raxx a coupleo of times but partyzone was
          there. it's scummy that bar owners do that kinda stuff
          --- Cathy Vaughan <averagejoekaraoke@...> wrote:
          > Hi Tammmy,
          >
          > Cathy from Average Joe here.
          > Trust me these guys at Raxx aren't selective, they
          > are going to any
          > company legit and non-legit. They are the defintion
          > of "Bad Bar
          > Owners" when it comes to screwing over
          > entertainment...stay CLEAR
          > away from them.
          >
          > I may have an story about another "bad bar owner"
          > coming soon...stay
          > tuned!
          >
          > Cheers,
          > Cathy Vaughan
          > www.averagejoekaraoke.com

          http://search.yahoo.com
        • BellTower Entertainment
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 3 1:06 PM
            Just to set the record straight... the K-company providing the music portion
            is Music Talks, and the owner (Nancy Belsey) has one of her people there
            as the sound tech. (Nancy also owns her own Karaoke store in Orangeville,
            by the way.)

            On the eve of the our being 'escorted' out (hehehe - that was a real first
            for us)
            Nancy came to Shooters with us, and Nancy agreed to comply with anything
            Norm and I decided. Nancy refused to let Raxx 'bounce' us out, and agreed
            to tell them to shove the gig if that was what we wanted. She was in total
            support of supporting a fellow KJ in a nasty situation.

            Norm and I decided that her guy (Nort) should go ahead with the show. It
            would have started at least 45-60 minutes late.

            Norm and I felt that the customers that we had gotten to know shouldn't be
            inconvenienced because of Raxx's antics. We had made a lot of friends in
            the short time we were there, and it pleases us that the 3 weeks when Angela
            had dumped Raxx by quitting, they were the busiest weeks we had there.

            41 singers the last week and 29 the week before. Not bad! Plus we have seen
            at least 4 of the Raxx patrons at Twisters :)

            All in all, I feel that when you look at the fact that Angela (their STAR
            performer)
            who quit without telling them or us, so in reality abandoned (dumped) them,
            is
            in 'like' company. When you have 2 entities without morals working together
            like
            Angela and Raxx are... I can only wonder who will screw who first :)

            We should start a pool.

            Jo-Anne Bell
            BellTower Entertainment
            416-606-6392
            www.belltower.ca
            > i went to Raxx a coupleo of times but partyzone was
            > there. it's scummy that bar owners do that kinda stuff
            > --- Cathy Vaughan <averagejoekaraoke@...> wrote:
            > > Hi Tammmy,
            > >
            > > Cathy from Average Joe here.
            > > Trust me these guys at Raxx aren't selective, they
            > > are going to any
            > > company legit and non-legit. They are the defintion
            > > of "Bad Bar
            > > Owners" when it comes to screwing over
            > > entertainment...stay CLEAR
            > > away from them.
            > >
            > > I may have an story about another "bad bar owner"
            > > coming soon...stay
            > > tuned!
            > >
            > > Cheers,
            > > Cathy Vaughan
            > > www.averagejoekaraoke.com

          • Tammy Dalcourt
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 3 1:19 PM
              Joey,
              Just wanted to let you know that Angela is back there..lol.. I had
              called them the other day. I think it would be too funny to have a
              bunch of hosts waltz in on karaoke night at Raxx and complain that
              it's not you guys.. Just show a few big bucks and act as if your
              going to place an order, ask who is running the karaoke, when they
              say not you guys, then they simply state, "gotta go, came to see Joey
              & Norm" they could even go so far as to say, "do you know where they
              are tonight?" Just a good rub to the bar!!! Sorry I feel they deserve
              it!
              A few other bars I wanted to forwarn everyone about is Henry's at
              Keele & Wilson.. we hear he's on the prowl for another company.. he
              is known for asking you to play from 9pm til 3 am and refuses to even
              pay your price, always claims he has a "bad night". To get your full
              price out of him you have to threaten to call the cops on him!
              Bobby Jo's at Kipling & the 401, steer clear, they can't make up
              their minds and only want a company with a huge following, I
              suggested they call Derek with Party Zone as he pays his college
              kids' tabs at the end of the night and drives them to and from with
              his big bad buses!
              The same owners of Bobby Jo's have Whiskey Jacks, which was being
              managed by who of all people "Henry" from yes "Henry's at Keele &
              Wilson". They are all bad news!
              Another is Pinto Resturaunt at Keele & Wilson, he is known to call
              and cancel your show on Friday afternoon for Friday night then the
              next two weeks want a show, then cancel.. its a game.. and he's cheap
              as hell!
              Yet another bar to steer clear of is Marcus Garvey at Lawrence &
              Jane, great singers, nice bar, but jackass owner. Doesn't inform his
              employees of anything, you have to fight to get your pay and if you
              threaten to call the cops its an all and out WAR~... lol
              Just a few in the bad barrell!

              --- In KaraokeKrooner@yahoogroups.com, "BellTower Entertainment"

            • Gary 17
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 3 1:25 PM
                Vernonica Hughes <veronica4562000@y...> wrote:
                > i went to Raxx a coupleo of times but partyzone was
                > there. it's scummy that bar owners do that kinda stuff

                +++++++++++++
                Ya Party Zone did do that gig for a while (Derek used to have an ad
                in to-nite so we had it listed for a while back then) and of course
                they've subsequently (or possibly previously) had Average Joe do it,
                and now of course BellTower has been through the mill. That's one of
                the reasons I spelled it out the way I did in the article, since it's
                obvious people need to be warned about places like this. At least
                Nancy (Music Talks) went in with her eyes open and won't be surprised
                when they decide to "cancel Karaoke for tonight". Wonder if she'll
                still be there on St. Patrick's Day in two weeks?
                - Garyaoke 17
              • BellTower Entertainment
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 3 1:31 PM
                  They were actually 'tricked' into thinking they were in desperate need,
                  and were doing Raxx a favour by helping them. Pretty soon, any KJ
                  will be able to ask ANY price since they are going through them so
                  quickly. lol

                  Jo-Anne Bell
                  BellTower Entertainment
                  416-606-6392
                  www.belltower.ca
                  > > i went to Raxx a coupleo of times but partyzone was
                  > > there. it's scummy that bar owners do that kinda stuff
                  >
                  > +++++++++++++
                  > Ya Party Zone did do that gig for a while (Derek used to have an ad
                  > in to-nite so we had it listed for a while back then) and of course
                  > they've subsequently (or possibly previously) had Average Joe do it,
                  > and now of course BellTower has been through the mill. That's one of
                  > the reasons I spelled it out the way I did in the article, since it's
                  > obvious people need to be warned about places like this. At least
                  > Nancy (Music Talks) went in with her eyes open and won't be surprised
                  > when they decide to "cancel Karaoke for tonight". Wonder if she'll
                  > still be there on St. Patrick's Day in two weeks?
                  > - Garyaoke 17
                  >

                  > Yahoo! Groups Links

                • BellTower Entertainment
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 3 1:47 PM
                    Which is where the wagering comes in...like the song.... Who is doing
                    who.... la la la

                    Jo-Anne Bell
                    BellTower Entertainment
                    416-606-6392