3 other artists joining me Saturday, Nov. 4, at Renaissance!

  • Gary 17
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2006

      3 other artists joining me Saturday, Nov. 4, at Renaissance!

      Great news! In addition to a full set of my original Folk Rock and Country/Pop tunes, 3 other artists will be doing 30-40 minute sets at my show at Renaissance Café tomorrow, Sat. Nov. 4!

      I'm particularly excited that one of them will be my longtime buddy and sometimes songwriting partner, Rob Minderman. In addition to doing some of his own songs he'll be accompanying me on some of the songs we do together as The Forecasters, including our soon-to-be-released "Manipulating Machines" song that also appears on my 17-song SpringRise Salad compilation disc!

      The night will start out at 9 p.m. with either original Reggae/Pop artist Trevor Jones or young Irish-born Clare O'Mahony, who just moved to Toronto on a work visa for a year three weeks ago and whose lilting melodies and a voice that reminds some of Joan Baez are sure to entrance you. The next set will be by the other of those two, then Rob and I will hit the stage around 10:30 or 11:00 p.m.

      Renaissance is located at 1938 Danforth Ave., a block and a bit west of Woodbine. The club has a tiny smoking patio out front and serves a mix of hearty and nourishing meals and snacks right up till after midnight, while also offering an interesting selection of local microbrew products and taste-titillating imported beers on tap and in bottles.

      When I perform (and I'm bringing my 12-string and keyboard along too) I'll be doing not just the half-dozen or so of the songs I quite regularly do at open stages but also several songs you've probably never heard before, such as "Stance Dancing", "Peter Pan", "Trudy Light", "Have You Forgotten How To Rock & Roll?", "Think Too Much", "Management Can't Dance", "Last Christmas Wish" and maybe even "Pearls Before Swine"!

      I'll appreciate all the support I can get for this show because I have a big payment I have to make the next day for my archives storage locker (else they sell all off for peanuts on Monday!) and hopefully this show will help put together the rest of the dough I'll need for that. Cover's only $5 and I think you'll find that my tunes, if not my actual performance acuity, are interesting.

      I'll also have copies for sale of the SpringRise Salad compilation disc that includes original songs by: The Nationals, Sebastian Agnello, Kim Doolittle, Shawn Sage, Peter Verity, Frank Cosentino, Laura Hubert, Michael White, Drew Winters with Cats & Dogs, Michael O'Grady, Damon Hines, Brian Gladstone, Herb Dale, Rosina "Frygirl" Tassone, Rod Clarke & Crazy Babies and Gord Wilks. It's just $10 for 17 songs!

      This won't be an open stage per se, but if some of my musical friends come by I may well feel like having them do a tune if they're so inclined. Hope to see ya there!