Introductory letter from Gary 17

  • Gary 17
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 2, 2004
      Get ready for an exciting new era in Karaoke promotion starting
      now !!!
      Over the dozen years that I have been publishing to-nite and, since
      1998, maintaining
      the www.to-nite.net website, several Karaoke-oriented
      publications have come
      and gone. In that same time period, to-nite has consistently
      maintained coverage of this popular pastime through its Karaoke
      Korner column in the magazine both in hard copies and online.
      It has always seemed to me, however, that the concept of a
      publication devoted solely to Karaoke is a good one. It has also been
      a source of frustration that we haven't been able to include many of
      the clubs who offer Karaoke as advertisers in to-nite and that the
      Karaoke Korner column has remained that, just a small section of the
      magazine. The problem is, with the overhead involved in producing to-
      nite, it's necessary to charge rates for that publication which
      reflect those costs, thereby effectively excluding many Karaoke rooms.
      After talking with the publishers some of the defunct Karaoke
      magazines I've concluded that the main reason they were unable to
      continue was not lack of support from the K-community but because
      they were doing it part time, as an adjunct to other activities such
      as hosting shows themselves. In short, they were not set up to be
      publishing organizations and lacked many of the skills and
      infrastructure necessary to successfully produce and maintain a
      publication for more than a short time.
      That's where Karaoke Krooner comes in! With this inaugural
      issue, I am commencing publication of a new bi-weekly magazine
      devoted solely to Karaoke rooms! Karaoke Krooner will cover the whole
      GTA and contain listings,as well as pictures of singers, news about
      contests and new events, profiles of hosts, clubs and much much more
      every two weeks.
      Because our publishing infrastructure is already in place,
      I'm able to offer ad space in this publication at a much cheaper rate
      than in to-nite. And to get the ball rolling, I'll be giving all who
      sign up by February 29 an additional 15% off the inaugural rates plus
      we'll include your ad and listings on the Karaoke Korner page on our
      website free!
      To those of you who get in on the ground floor and become
      our "anchor tenants" for this exciting new enterprise (you'll save
      hundreds or thousands of dollars over the coming years by doing so
      now) we say "Welcome aboard!" This is the beginning of an exciting
      new era in Karaoke promotion!
    • luisa caccamo
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 2, 2004
        What is the rate for this?

        Luisa Caccamo
        U R A Star By Intune Productions
        www.urastar.ca

        > Get ready for an exciting new era in Karaoke promotion starting
        > now !!!
        > Over the dozen years that I have been publishing to-nite and, since
        > 1998, maintaining
        > the www.to-nite.net website, several Karaoke-oriented
        > publications have come
        > and gone. In that same time period, to-nite has consistently
        > maintained coverage of this popular pastime through its Karaoke
        > Korner column in the magazine both in hard copies and online.
        > It has always seemed to me, however, that the concept of a
        > publication devoted solely to Karaoke is a good one. It has also been
        > a source of frustration that we haven't been able to include many of
        > the clubs who offer Karaoke as advertisers in to-nite and that the
        > Karaoke Korner column has remained that, just a small section of the
        > magazine. The problem is, with the overhead involved in producing to-
        > nite, it's necessary to charge rates for that publication which
        > reflect those costs, thereby effectively excluding many Karaoke rooms.
        > After talking with the publishers some of the defunct Karaoke
        > magazines I've concluded that the main reason they were unable to
        > continue was not lack of support from the K-community but because
        > they were doing it part time, as an adjunct to other activities such
        > as hosting shows themselves. In short, they were not set up to be
        > publishing organizations and lacked many of the skills and
        > infrastructure necessary to successfully produce and maintain a
        > publication for more than a short time.
        > That's where Karaoke Krooner comes in! With this inaugural
        > issue, I am commencing publication of a new bi-weekly magazine
        > devoted solely to Karaoke rooms! Karaoke Krooner will cover the whole
        > GTA and contain listings,as well as pictures of singers, news about
        > contests and new events, profiles of hosts, clubs and much much more
        > every two weeks.
        > Because our publishing infrastructure is already in place,
        > I'm able to offer ad space in this publication at a much cheaper rate
        > than in to-nite. And to get the ball rolling, I'll be giving all who
        > sign up by February 29 an additional 15% off the inaugural rates plus
        > we'll include your ad and listings on the Karaoke Korner page on our
        > website free!
        > To those of you who get in on the ground floor and become
        > our "anchor tenants" for this exciting new enterprise (you'll save
        > hundreds or thousands of dollars over the coming years by doing so
        > now) we say "Welcome aboard!" This is the beginning of an exciting
        > new era in Karaoke promotion!
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

        > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Gary 17
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 2, 2004
          "luisa caccamo" <lcaccamo@c...> wrote:
          > What is the rate for this?
          >
          > Luisa Caccamo
          > U R A Star By Intune Productions
          > www.urastar.ca

          ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
          Hi Luisa, nice to see you looking in on things. The initial startup
          rate for advertisers signing up before Feb. 29 will be:

          * For a 1 unit ad (1-3/4" x 2-1/4") the six-issue (12-week) rate is
          $300 ($50 per issue). Anyone signing up for that rate will keep it
          when the regular rates kick in March 1. (The regular rate will be
          $390 for six issues, or $65 per issue and monthly rates at a little
          higher rate of $75 per issue will also be available.)

          I'll soon put together a .gif document that will contain all the
          rates and details and post it in the Files section of the website.

          -Garyaoke 17
        • BellTower Entertainment
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 4, 2004
            Hi Gary,

            You said:

            > Because our publishing infrastructure is already in place,
            > I'm able to offer ad space in this publication at a much cheaper rate
            > than in to-nite.

            (What is the rate for the size we get?)

            And to get the ball rolling, I'll be giving all who
            > sign up by
            February 29 an additional 15% off the inaugural rates plus
            > we'll
            include your ad and listings on the Karaoke Korner page on our
            > website
            free!

            Jo-Anne Bell
            BellTower Entertainment
            416-606-6392
            www.belltower.ca
            > Get ready for an exciting new era in Karaoke promotion starting
            > now !!!
            > Over
            the dozen years that I have been publishing to-nite and, since
            > 1998,
            maintaining
            face="Monotype Corsiva" color=#000080 size=4>www.to-nite.net website, several Karaoke-oriented
            > publications
            have come
            > and gone. In that same time period, to-nite has consistently
            > maintained coverage of this popular pastime through its Karaoke
            > Korner column in the magazine both in hard copies and online.

            It has always seemed to me, however, that the concept of a
            > publication
            devoted solely to Karaoke is a good one. It has also been
            > a source of
            frustration that we haven't been able to include many of
            > the clubs who
            offer Karaoke as advertisers in to-nite and that the
            > Karaoke Korner
            column has remained that, just a small section of the
            > magazine. The
            problem is, with the overhead involved in producing to-
            > nite, it's
            necessary to charge rates for that publication which
            > reflect those
            costs, thereby effectively excluding many Karaoke rooms.
            > After talking
            with the publishers some of the defunct Karaoke
            > magazines I've
            concluded that the main reason they were unable to
            > continue was not
            lack of support from the K-community but because
            > they were doing it
            part time, as an adjunct to other activities such
            > as hosting shows
            themselves. In short, they were not set up to be
            > publishing
            organizations and lacked many of the skills and
            > infrastructure
            necessary to successfully produce and maintain a
            > publication for more
            than a short time.
            > That's where Karaoke Krooner comes in! With this
            inaugural
            > issue, I am commencing publication of a new bi-weekly
            magazine
            > devoted solely to Karaoke rooms! Karaoke Krooner will cover
            the whole
            > GTA and contain listings,as well as pictures of singers, news
            about
            > contests and new events, profiles of hosts, clubs and much much
            more
            > every two weeks.
            > Because our
            publishing infrastructure is already in place,
            > I'm able to offer ad
            space in this publication at a much cheaper rate (What is the rate for
            what we get?)
            > than in to-nite. And to get the ball rolling, I'll be giving all who

            sign up by February 29 an additional 15% off the inaugural rates plus

            we'll include your ad and listings on the Karaoke Korner page on our

            website free!

            > To those of you who get in on the ground floor and
            become
            > our "anchor tenants" for this exciting new enterprise (you'll
            save
            > hundreds or thousands of dollars over the coming years by doing so
            > now) we say "Welcome aboard!" This is the beginning of an exciting
            > new era in Karaoke promotion!

            ---------------------~-->
            > Buy Ink Cartridges or Refill Kits for your
            HP, Epson, Canon or Lexmark
            > Printer at MyInks.com. Free s/h on orders
            $50 or more to the US & Canada.

            href="http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511">http://www.c1tracking.com/l.asp?cid=5511
            > http://us.click.yahoo.com/mOAaAA/3exGAA/qnsNAA/JpLolB/TM
            >
            > To unsubscribe from
            this group, send an email to:

            > Your use of Yahoo!
            Groups is subject to:

          • Gary 17
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 4, 2004
              Hi Joanne,

              Your rate, as an extremely special one that carries over as a
              longstanding advertiser in the Karaoke Korner in to-nite, will stay
              the same.

              For others interested in a size such as BellTower has (and see their
              current ad, soon to updated) in the Ads folder on the Files page of
              the website, http://groups.yahoo.com/group/KaraokeKrooner ) the rate
              for the ad, which is a quarter page (3-5/8" x 4-5/8"), would be:
              for 6 issues (12 weeks): $1080 (in to-nite magazine the rate is
              $1500). As part of the introductory special, however, that ad would
              be available in the Krooner for $915 to anyone signing up before
              February 29 and would stay their rate as long as they continue to
              advertise.

              Hope this helps to clarify!