BARK Flea Market & Pet Adoption Day

  • barknatasha
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 1, 2008

      BARK holds a Flea Market and Pet Adoption Day most Sundays at Pet's World at 180 Boai 3rd road from 2-6pm. Our next event will be Sunday, January 6, 2008.

      We take donated items (except clothes) and sell them to raise money to help animals in need. So, make it your new year's resolution to clean out your closet, your basement, your garage, your office, your school and bring us your unwanted items!

      BARK needs volunteers to help make the weekly event a success. Please come give BARK a helping hand. Only an hour of your day will make a big difference to an animal in need. The shifts are 1-2pm set up, 2-4pm and 4-6pm English/ Chinese speakers, 5:30-6:30pm clean up. We especially need help with set-up (1pm-2pm) and clean-up (5:30pm-6:30pm). All you have to do is email or call or text me with what shift you can do.

      BARK also has a Foster Program for those who can not adopt a pet permanently but want to help out a furry friend. Contact us for more information on how you can foster a pet. To see photos of animals that need homes (temporary or permanent) take a look at our website www.bark-taiwan.org or look at the photos section here, on Kaohsiung Living, or click here for Flikr http://www.flickr.com/photos/10585821@N02/ Or come to the event this Sunday to see our furry friends and talk to some of our helpful volunteers.

      Thank you all for your continued support.

      Natasha

      BARK Co-Founder

      09-5643-2424

    • barknatasha
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 27, 2010

        BARK holds a Flea Market/ Pet Adoption Day the 3rd Sunday of the month

        at Pet's World (180 Boai 3rd road).

        BARK's next event will be held on Sunday, April 18 from 3-7pm

        (if it's not raining!).

        The Flea Market is BARK's longest running fundraising activity to date. BARK has been relying on this event for a continuous source of income.

        We sell new and used items that people generously donate, to raise money to help pay for medical bills for stray animals in Kaohsiung . So, instead of throwing potentially sell-able items in the trash, please consider donating them to BARK. Your 'junk' could be someone else's treasure :o) Just think, by giving BARK your junk you could actually help a stray animal!

        Please come give BARK a helping hand. Volunteering for only an hour of your day will make a big difference to an animal in need. We especially need help with set-up shift (2-3pm) and clean-up shift (6-7pm).

        BARK currently has cats and dogs that need temporary foster homes. We will supply you with everything the pet needs. You can view photos of BARK's furry friends here: www.flickr.com/photos/bark-taiwan/

        If you are interested in fostering a pet, please contact Natasha@... or better yet, come down to our Pet Adoption Day!