Re: [KansasCityKaraoke] WHAT UP

  • The Bobbit
    Message 1 of 13 , Feb 1, 2004
      Are Linda and I weird or something?? (Don't answer
      that so quickly! I only meant because of driving all
      around for karaoke ... from south Olathe to the
      Northland, and probably to include Lawrence soon and
      maybbe some of the small towns southwest of Olathe
      ...)

      Like in everything else, you'll find shows you like
      and shows you don't in several different karaoke
      companies. We have a soft spot for CarrieOke, I
      admit, due partially to the Bridge story and partially
      to the good selection and mainly to a coupld of really
      good KJ's, but ... well, in an every night out week
      (we don't do every night out) our schedule might be:

      Sunday -- not a big night out for us, but JR's
      Rock-n-Blues in Olathe is a sometimes thing
      Monday -- JR's again, especially during the 2fer night
      times, or The Pub on Santa Fe in Overland Park
      Tuesday -- GT Styx (KC North) or Dick Clark's American
      Bandstand (Overland Park)
      Wednesday -- American Inn (Independence), Antoinette's
      (KC North), Bogart's (KC MO) (our current haunt), or 1
      of several Iwannatry places in the database
      Thursday -- Bogart's again, Blue Moon (Blue Springs),
      GT Styx again, or Park Place (KC MO)
      Friday -- Spirits/American In (KC North), GT Styx
      again, Sammy's if it's open (KC KS), The Roadhouse (KC
      KS, Bonner Springs exit but the other way), or try a
      new place (lotsa choices in the database)
      Saturday -- last night we did Parker's BBQ (KC North)
      7 to 10 then chugged down to Long Branch on 91st &
      Metcalf in Overland Park -- worst thing was deciding
      where to eat, so we ate at Parker's and had a mindnigh
      burger at Long Branch -- Grand Salloon (KC MO), gotta
      get to Randy's (Overland Park) one of these nights ...

      I know I left out a lot of places we go and there are
      a lot MORE we really want to hit (the idea of karaoke
      at Joe's Crab Shack or Buffalo Wild Wings just is
      intriguing somehow, for instance ...)

      Fun is where ya find it ... and even a bad experience
      has fun moments, if you don't let the irritations get
      to ya!

      The "waxing philosophical in my dotage" Bobbit

      http://webhosting.yahoo.com/ps/sb/