Time To Get Active!

  • IvoryRoses@aol.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 5, 2000
      Okay, I was about to dissolve this community because it
      seemed that I couldn't generate much (any) interest in
      it when it first started. Perhaps it was the timing (the
      holidays), when everyone has so much going on in their
      lives.....

      However, this past week, several have expressed an
      interest, so let's just see where we can go with
      KansasCityKaraoke!

      To give me some encouragement to start building our files
      (yes, yes, we want her to do this!!!), please respond with
      your favorite song to sing when you go to karaoke! Sure,
      sure! If you have trouble limiting it to just ONE song,
      feel free to post however many are your favorite! Now
      come on! This is an easy request. Humor me!

      I'll list mine: Actually, it's just one song right now.
      (I'm not a very good singer; trust me on this!) I like to
      sing "Last Dance" by Donna Summer. Of course, I only
      sing it if I can get the nerve up. And that doesn't
      happen often!

      Okay, YOU'RE next! Tell us your favorite song to sing!
    • we2.sing
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 5, 2000
        Strawberry Wine, Deanna Carter
        It Was, Chely Wright
        Fancy, Reba McEntire
        Somethin To Talk About, Bonnie Rait
        Wide Open Spaces, Dixie Chicks
        Bye Bye, Jo Dee Messina
        I'm The Only One, Mellissa Ethridge
        And a BUNCH of others...

        I'll see you this coming Tuesday at Flamingo!

      • IvoryRoses@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 8, 2000
          Wow, girl! You have quite a repetoire! I would LOVE to be able to sing 'I'm
          The Only One' by Melissa Ethridge! That'll never happen though! Okay, okay!
          Technically, I am able to sing it. Realistically, the dogs would howl!
          (And so would I! LOL) By the way, I'll be late to Flamingo......

          We have a couple new people to our list now! You know who you are! Would
          you like to post your favorite songs to sing? C'mon! Don't make me come
          hunt you down and force it out of ya!

          << Strawberry Wine, Deanna Carter
          It Was, Chely Wright
          Fancy, Reba McEntire
          Somethin To Talk About, Bonnie Rait
          Wide Open Spaces, Dixie Chicks
          Bye Bye, Jo Dee Messina
          I'm The Only One, Mellissa Ethridge
          And a BUNCH of others...

          I'll see you this coming Tuesday at Flamingo! >>
        • Sean Hupe
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 9, 2000
            Just curious, where are the best Karoake places throughout the week. I've
            been wondering where I can go and get my groove on!

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 9, 2000
              Depends on what type of place you like and what night of the week your
              looking to go. Be a little more specific and I'll try to help you. :-)
              What type of music do you enjoy performing?
              > Just curious, where are the best Karoake places throughout the week. I've
              > been wondering where I can go and get my groove on!

              Here</a>

              > > Shortcut URL to this page:
              > > http://www.onelist.com/community/KansasCityKaraoke

              > GET A NEXTCARD VISA, in 30 seconds. Get rates as low as 2.9 percent
              > Intro or 9.9 percent Fixed APR and no hidden fees. Apply NOW.
              Here</a>

              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 9, 2000
                << Just curious, where are the best Karoake places throughout the week. >>

                Sean,
                I'm not recommending these two places as the BEST karaoke places; I've just
                HEARD it said that they have karaoke every night of the week: The Red
                Balloon on 75th Street in Kansas. Also, River Aces in North Kansas City, MO.
                Every night of the week. I recommend calling them first to make sure.
                Someone that I know who's younger swears that Gator's up north on Friday
                nights has the best karaoke. Like Brandi said, it all depends on the type
                songs you sing, what you're looking for, etc.
                Where do YOU currently go?! Would you recommend it?
                I have GOT to get those files worked on so that people can come to this site
                and see where and what on any particular night of the week! (Why is it so
                easy to "say" what you want to do, than it is to actually "do" what you want
                to do?) When I've got that part figured out - and market it - I'll be
                RICH!!! ha/ha
                And while I'm asking questions, Sean, what's your favorite songs to sing?
                C'mon! We've answered!!!
              • we2.sing
                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 11, 2000
                  Sean- by the way, The Oak Tree Lounge in North Kansas City has got Karaoke
                  on Saturday nights also. Plus I just found out a place in Smithville has it
                  on Sunday Nights from 7 - 11 p.m. I believe it's the old Lakes Landing Bar,
                  but not positive. I will find out for sure and let you know. Gators is
                  great by the way. The KJ is named Shane and he does a pretty good job. Big
                  crowds usually and he does a fine job on routating people in. You can sing
                  more in a place like Gators than you can at Flamingo, but the atmosphere and
                  people are GREAT at Flamingo. Tuesdays and Thursdays at Flamingo, in case
                  you didn't already know. If you could provide Susy & I more info on what
                  you like, we might be better able to help you. let us know.
                  Brandi
                  > << Just curious, where are the best Karoake places throughout the week.
                  >>

                  > Sean,
                  > I'm not recommending these two places as the BEST karaoke places; I've
                  just
                  > HEARD it said that they have karaoke every night of the week: The Red
                  > Balloon on 75th Street in Kansas. Also, River Aces in North Kansas City,
                  MO.
                  > Every night of the week. I recommend calling them first to make sure.
                  > Someone that I know who's younger swears that Gator's up north on Friday
                  > nights has the best karaoke. Like Brandi said, it all depends on the type
                  > songs you sing, what you're looking for, etc.
                  > Where do YOU currently go?! Would you recommend it?
                  > I have GOT to get those files worked on so that people can come to this
                  site
                  > and see where and what on any particular night of the week! (Why is it so
                  > easy to "say" what you want to do, than it is to actually "do" what you
                  want
                  > to do?) When I've got that part figured out - and market it - I'll be
                  > RICH!!! ha/ha
                  > And while I'm asking questions, Sean, what's your favorite songs to
                  sing?
                  > C'mon! We've answered!!!

                  > Get what you deserve with NextCard Visa. Rates as low as 2.9 percent
                  > Intro or 9.9 percent Fixed APR, online balance transfers, Rewards
                  > Points, no hidden fees, and much more. Get NextCard today and get the
                  > credit you deserve. Apply now. Get your NextCard Visa at
                  Here</a>

                • Larry <ibetoto@aol.com>
                  Message 8 of 9 , Jan 27, 2003
                    --- In KansasCityKaraoke@yahoogroups.com, IvoryRoses@a... wrote:
                    > We have a couple new people to our list now! You know who you
                    are! Would
                    > you like to post your favorite songs to sing? C'mon! Don't make
                    me come
                    > hunt you down and force it out of ya!

                    Okay,
                    You've heard it straight from the group owner. Where are all of you
                    newbies?
                    Theres a lot of good post in the message section. Why not back
                    track....... you're sure to find subjects that are vere relevent
                    today!
                  • Susy B
                    Message 9 of 9 , Jan 27, 2003
                      Oh my goodness! When I saw the screen name IvoryRoses, I KNEW that had to be a really OLD post from our archives! (I don't have that screen name any more, although I was really fond of it.) That post (dated Feb. 8, 2000) was sent a couple of months after KansasCityKaraoke was FIRST started November 1999).

                      Which leads me to notice: In just a couple more posts, we will have sent 4.000 posts in the last 3+ years of being a group! That's a lot of karaoke konversation going on! And once we get just 4 more new members, we'll be at 250!!!! I guess you could say we've grown quite a bit!

                      So.... Anybody want to invite your karaoke friends to join our group?! Just send them this address: KansasCityKaraoke-subscribe@yahoogroups.com and they can join the party! (Or send me their email address and I'll invite them to join the list.)

                      In the meantime, keep singing karaoke! Susy

                      "Larry <ibetoto@...>" <ibetoto@...> wrote:--- In KansasCityKaraoke@yahoogroups.com, IvoryRoses@a... wrote: > We have a couple new people to our list now! You know who you are! Would > you like to post your favorite songs to sing? C'mon! Don't make me come > hunt you down and force it out of ya!

                      Okay, You've heard it straight from the group owner. Where are all of you newbies? Theres a lot of good posts in the message section. Why not backtrack..... you're sure to find subjects that are vere relevent today!